trouble in Beantown

Discussions for the Rickey Henderson League.
SuchaMoron

trouble in Beantown

Post by SuchaMoron »

What the bleep is going on with Boston? After 101 & 106 win seasons and two (lucky) WS titles, the Chowder is in freefall, on pace to win 76 games. With essentially the same team, OPS is down .110; top two hitters [.934 to .761] and [.893 to .568]. I didn't realize this game had a player complacency/laziness feature. :) I'm wondering if I can fire the manager. :roll:
ratman44

Re: trouble in Beantown

Post by ratman44 »

It happens in this game, see my team last year.

But Swish had declines, although I would not say those declines were major.

The other dude had an awesome year last year, I would think he would be more of a .280 hitter than a .300 hitter at B-/A+.
SuchaMoron

Post by SuchaMoron »

We moved into a new larger ballpark this season. The hitters appear to be pissed. :D
meat1968

Post by meat1968 »

Yeah, I sent a message to admin to see what's going on - they won't respond, but I sent it anyway.

The Stouts are repeatedly losing to the bottom 1/3 of the league against pitchers that are two or three ratings below mine. B-/B pitchers are shutting down the Stouts against B/A+ pitchers who are blowing saves. I get the "any given Sunday" thing, but for it to happen into July is mind boggling. I think I'm 4 games over .500 against the bottom two teams - one of which is the dynastybot.

I think I'm out after the season, or my money runs out. The other leagues that I'm in seem to be legit where the good teams win and the bad teams (mine) lose.

Return to “Rickey Henderson League”