In my past life...

Discussions for the Rickey Henderson League.
Enocelot

In my past life...

Post by Enocelot »

.... when I was nearly always in the hunt, a guy like Lee Ferrara could have made a real difference in specific games down the stretch... never mind the post season....

Now look at our league.... in both the AL and NL there are three teams within three games of the wild card ... and in the NL St.Louis also in the mix and the Islanders are by no means a sure thing....

In other words things are pretty wide open... and my guy who is basically Depth on Steroids is being wasted on my pre-rebuild, non-pitching, with no pipeline, thing called a team....

v LHP the guy, on a small sample, is OPS 1.110.... lifetime v LHP .896.

He is a B+ Range, A+ arm 3rd baseman... a defensive upgrade for just about all of you at the hot corner, but with those skills can easily up grade most of your Left and Right Fielders too.... a great guy to start v LHP.... or have available on the bench....

Speed A- .... the guy will be scoring from 2nd from second on that two-bottom of the 9th single....or he'll be going 1st to 3rd....

Basically he is the type of guy that sends one guy to the play-offs by 1 game - and makes the guy who misses by one game swear that ABE has it in for him.

I will trade this guy, if I get any offers, so make any offer and if yours is the best on hand by this time tomorrow, he is all yours.
ratman44

Re: In my past life...

Post by ratman44 »

The Islanders under Garth Snow's tutelage have become accustomed to watching the playoffs, they actually enjoy playing for their country in the World Championships and golf more than the playoffs anyway.

Small sample size is right, he has 2092 career at bats, I have a 26 year old with almost that many. Too bad the bot wasted away his improvement years or he would be a beast.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Hmmmm... sample sizes are not temporally dependent (2092 ABs are, well 2092 ABs)... if anything, since he hasn't declined yet, one would assume that his early ABs are overweighted for his early weakness compared to most normal development curves.... which means he should really outperform past historical performance, relative to most normally developed players.... which btw is how reality is playing out....

Hey, I am ready to give the guy away so I really do not see a downside to anyone who can use vLHP depth, moderate speed depth and defensive depth to a team that is in a 5 way play-off chase going into the stretch.

Maybe baseball has changed since I was away.
CT_Eagle

Post by CT_Eagle »

My two cents.

Ferrerra is a good platoon player vs LHers as well as a good defensive sub at 3B. If I were in the hunt I would have some interest in him. Especially if Enocelot is ready to give the guy away.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Just for the record, I am not being rude if I don't reply to messages about the bid status - I am not going to share with anyone what is on the table, out of interest of fairness.

Return to “Rickey Henderson League”