Skip Bridges

Discussions for the Vince Coleman League.

Moderator: skycoyote

TurkeyStearnes

Skip Bridges

Post by TurkeyStearnes »

I'm not complaining, but there is something wrong with the MVP algo where my outfielder, Skip Bridges, wins the MVP this year, but did not make the all star team. In fact, he's never made an all star team in his career. Also, for most of this past year, he was a platoon player, and batted very low in the line-up.
Vinnland

Re: Skip Bridges

Post by Vinnland »

thats happened many a time probably one of those sneaky things written in the code the 'unknown variable' lol :D
Steelsmith

Post by Steelsmith »

Turkey Stearnes:

In a similar but sort of opposite fashion Dan Everitt on the Generals
Hit 37 homers tied for 3rd 6 behind the league leader
Ops 1.042 which led the league by 8 points
Slugged 647 led the league by 25 points
Batted 344 I did not go to the 4th digit to see if it lead or lost by a fraction so he was in 2nd place by a fraction at the most
146 RBI's which led the league by 17
had (10) 3 baggers only 3 behind the leader
he was 5th in slugging percentage (the leader at 424 was not in the mvp race at all so dan Everitt was only 17 behind the 2nd place finisher in on base percentage

Dan Everitt could not get in the top 5 for the MVP race. It seems like that should not impossible for that to happen
sjs28foe

Post by sjs28foe »

It definitely has its quirks...and weights more for the guys on playoff teams (rightfully so I think). I had a similar player in Rob Sherlock who was 2nd in the AL in HR, OPS, runs, OBP, and first in hits, AVG, and steals.
Steelsmith

Post by Steelsmith »

I really have no problem with players from the 1st place teams getting extra credit. But for a guy with Everitts overall league leading stats to not make the top 5 is surprising. Likewise for Bridges to win it and not make the all star team. I Had a pitcher on another team win the cy young and not make the all star team.
TurkeyStearnes

Post by TurkeyStearnes »

After a quick look at some of the other players, I can see at least 3 (Davis, Sherlock and Everitt) that I would have voted for over Bridges. I agree, there should be a little boost to the playoff team players, but still, I think the formula failed in this case.

Return to “Vince Coleman League”