Philadelphia Sell-Off

Discussions for the Vince Coleman League.

Moderator: skycoyote

TopherB19

Philadelphia Sell-Off

Post by TopherB19 »

Sadly, the window has closed on another Trout-like group of good Philadelphia group that performed well, saw a lot of post-seasons, but could never get a ring. It’s time to retreat and build again.

All players on the Philly roster are available. (I rather like McCartney and would like to see him retire in Philly, but could be convinced to trade him as well.) Some are in the prime of their red letter careers, others slightly on the downswing but still formidable and could be experienced gap-fillers or the final piece in a championship run.

Looking for draft picks or high level prospects in return. (Generally I am not big on pitchers with under B- control, so if you have a guy with control in the Cs he should be young enough to still develop up to blue letter control.)

Good luck this season, everyone!
"This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again."
TonyGwynnusaGAME

Re: Philadelphia Sell-Off

Post by TonyGwynnusaGAME »

Funny thing is that you are 43-21 start (.672 clip); maybe you should make one more run at it.

Jerry
CINC
TopherB19

Post by TopherB19 »

Yeah, I got some very good offers but keep watching my team overperform and will be holding back on trades until the wheels fall off my team. Then again, I thought the wheels would be off by game 30 and here we are at game 64 and they’re still winning. ABE works in mysterious ways!
"This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again."
TopherB19

Post by TopherB19 »

Thank you to the franchises who've inquired in the past 24 hours either by private message or on the message board here. For now, though, I'm going to see how long this lasts and see if we can't make one more run.

Topher

Return to “Vince Coleman League”