ERA+

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Michael1

ERA+

Post by Michael1 »

It seems that ERA+ is the shiny pitching stat of the day. It is a major pain to calculate by hand. It would be helpful in HOF voting. AS it uses league average as a component. We can't go back and find that after the season ends. Could it be added to stats I know home park factor is an ingredient but that is a minor thing.
Hamilton2

Re: ERA+

Post by Hamilton2 »

I would LOVE to have ERA+. If Chris is even remotely interested in adding it I would be glad to help with the initial formulas too. :)
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Absolutely a wonder idea! This would be outstanding and really help us value P's for all types of transactions and for the Hall of Fame. Excellent idea, Michael!

How hard would it be to implement, do you think? I know an astoundingly small amount of programming, lol.

Ed
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

The formula for the unknowing is 100*(2-Era/lgERA* 1/Park factor) so it is not a hard calculation but you need League ERA a simple thing for League stats to calculate if he wanted LgER*9/Lg IP Of course there are several Sabermetrics' that would tell a better tale on a player. This one and WaR seem to be ones most folks want.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

I doubt care about runs. OPS+ would be nice

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”