How to set up Minors guide

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Michael1

How to set up Minors guide

Post by Michael1 »

A guide in the help section to explain the the improves and why Coach points are put on certain players and not others. Theres are many owners who mismanage good picks because of poor CP distribution.
Glug

Re: How to set up Minors guide

Post by Glug »

This brings to mind players who have very nice prospects and leave them in the minors way too long. I see this all the time. While they still develop, they also lose so many improvements. I get it on rare occasions like if you have no room for the players. Tanking with it makes your good draft picks flawed. A lot of good owners who stay competive but really don't max out their players. I even see it in one league I am in that has no incentive to tank. Maybe it is to try and maximize your prestige points? Instead of rebuilding you just kinda stay above mediocre? I am asking because I don't know.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Glug wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:38 pm This brings to mind players who have very nice prospects and leave them in the minors way too long. I see this all the time. While they still develop, they also lose so many improvements. I get it on rare occasions like if you have no room for the players. Tanking with it makes your good draft picks flawed. A lot of good owners who stay competive but really don't max out their players. I even see it in one league I am in that has no incentive to tank. Maybe it is to try and maximize your prestige points? Instead of rebuilding you just kinda stay above mediocre? I am asking because I don't know.
There are owners on this site that have no awareness of their team's or league's state. I'm not sure if it's because they're deluded into thinking they can win at the beginning of every season, or they just don't really care. So for example, they play that low A- hitter who isn't really that good, and leave the 23 or 24 year old B+ prospect (who will be a better player in a couple season) in the minors forcing him to miss the 2 best major league improve years of his career.

You have to know where your teams stands, and if you don't have a legit shot at making the playoffs, then you should be building towards a future playoff run. Trade off that 30 something low A- hitter for what you can, and play the youngster.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

And what I am thinking is a guide to explain what type of player gets 15 on down. What is the best conservation number etc. Also when playing in the system 2 and 6 systems How do players identify who gets what CP's. All the aforementioned are good to know but Some first round picks especially below top half are not always 15 or 5 CP candidates.
Glug

Post by Glug »

Michael1 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:56 am And what I am thinking is a guide to explain what type of player gets 15 on down. What is the best conservation number etc. Also when playing in the system 2 and 6 systems How do players identify who gets what CP's. All the aforementioned are good to know but Some first round picks especially below top half are not always 15 or 5 CP candidates.
Looking forward to reading it Michael.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Waiting for one of the Gurus to write like Hamilton or WillyD.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Michael1 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:02 pm Waiting for one of the Gurus to write like Hamilton or WillyD.
It use to exist..there was a wiki page that had the conversion rate of an under 20 hitter and pitcher on it as a C+. I want to say it was around 80% for the batter and 26% for the pitcher. Then the worse the player the better the percentage and the better the player it fell off.

But I don't know that anyone besides the admin's really know the true percentage going up.

The hard part is with all randomness not everything goes according to plan. Like a 15 CP guy only getting 48 chances for some dumb reason (yes there were only 15 guys in the minors) when the game guide says 15 should get approximately 69.

I have a really great handle on how to develop players, but at the same time it is all preferences and what your team make up looks like.

I have rules I play by. I almost always have high quality pitchers higher than hitters, just because they seem more rare. I normally have 13-15 CP's on under 20 players only. (Only exception would be a 21 year old ace pitcher who I value the development more than the bats around him.)

But really your most important asset should be the 15, second 14 third 13 and so on.

At the same time if you have an A- or A overall 20 year old pitcher, their improvements will be minimal. They are probably your most important asset, but the opportunity cost lost in having them as the 15 spot and converting at a very low percentage in the heart of a rebuild is a dilemma.
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

ratman44 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:16 am there was a wiki page
Do you have the address? Perhaps it was saved on the wayback machine.
SquidJordan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am all you can do is all you can do.
Vytron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”