Order of substitutes seems off - can anyone explain?

Let us know what you'd like to see!
dabigtrain

Order of substitutes seems off - can anyone explain?

Post by dabigtrain » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:58 pm

We'll be a bit in the weeds here, and those of you who don't do much to set subs won't care. But I tend to have fairly complex subs - along the lines of, if the 2b is out, move the SS over and start a different SS, unless they're both out, then we have a different backup 2b who might usually be a 3b, so move him over etc etc etc - so it just bugs me.

Situation - my 1B leads off; my SS hits 8th. They both need the day off; my backups have the backup 1B as 3rd in fill order and the backup SS as 5th. Substitution prefs say subs should bat in the slot of the regular they're replacing. Yet, when ABE sets my lineup for this game, the backup SS is hitting 1st, and the 1B is hitting 8th. That seems backwards; ABE should have been going down the lineup saying "hmm, sub for 1B, slot him as leadoff, then sub for SS, he's hitting 8th." Am I wrong about this logic? Can anyone explain?

Hamilton2

Re: Order of substitutes seems off - can anyone explain?

Post by Hamilton2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:19 am

I think that the batting order feature of the substitutions works backwards from how you would like it to work. So, the system gets the proper player in the proper position for fielding, but for the batting order, it fills from the bottom to the top of the lineup rather than vice-versa. If you have 3 players out, for instance, and you select "slot substitutes at the end of the order" and you want you LF, SS, and C to sub in in that order; the system will bat the sub LF at # 8, then SS at # 7 and C at # 6. It has done this forever. I quit using the "slot subs into spot vacated by regulars" a while back because it bugged me.

pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:04 am

I think the whole substitution feature may be off. I put in a ticket for it. Here was my problem, not exactly what you are having.

My starting 1B is the backup at 2B, SS and 3B. My regular SS was tired and had to sit. Instead of moving my starting 1B to SS and putting in my backup 1B ABE started my 2nd option at SS instead.

Chris answered with this "if he is your starting 1B he shouldn't be considered as a backup at all. Starters are filled first and holes are filled from the bench in the order on the backup settings page."

I have been running with the above settings for years and never had any problems until this season. So not sure what happened but something is definitely off with the substitution system.

Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:00 pm

I had the exact same situation. Instead of moving my 1B to 2nd and bringing in my backup 1B, ABE placed a zero at second base who then made 2 errors...

phen0m

Post by phen0m » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm

I talked to admin years ago about this and they said it was random which spots the subs would fill in at if you had multiple subs and used the "place in vacated spots" setting, but i dunno hamilton may be right.

Make sure you guys have the fill order number lower(1 being lowest) than what the current position theyre starting at, for example If you want your starting 1B to be the backup 2B, the fill order at 2B needs to be lower than the fill order at 1B, ie put 2B at 1 and 1B at 2 or any other number. I dont think ive ever had any problems with it.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”