Too many players born after June. Please fix it.

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Kingturtle

Too many players born after June. Please fix it.

Post by Kingturtle »

Nearly 80% of players are born between July and December. Can we please make it 50%? This is a bit absurd.
Johngarm70u

Re: Too many players born after June. Please fix it.

Post by Johngarm70u »

A million thing to bitch about and THAT deserves an absurd? Curious why that bothers you?
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

I mean... Fall and Winter plus 9 months ... you have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Valentine's day...

The month and day of player birthdays is actually tied to their last name. Only the year is generated by the sim.

So this is not even a problem at all.
Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle »

It is annoying af to have the published age be different than their actual age SO MANY TIMES.
Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle »

For example, after every draft, I copy and paste my Minor League into a spreadsheet. Then I do some math to determine who should get what in terms of CPs. Age is very important for these calculations. The Age column on that page is not their actual ages. This off season 14 of the 16 guys in my minors were born after June 30. I had to look at each player one at a time and make the adjustments in my spreadsheet. This is annoying.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

I understand that it is annoying. But as I stated earlier, the player creation engine pulls name combinations from the database of all known mlb players. First names are randomly paired with last names. The last name is indexed to pull the month and day for the DOB. If you use baseball reference online you can look this up and find that it is true. This is based on reality.
Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle »

Okay. Picking at random. I just looked at the Reds' current 40-man roster (which has 41 men on it). 18 of 41 were born between January and June. The Yankees currently have 40 on their 40-man roster. 18 of 40 were born between January and June. How about the 1964 Tigers: 17 of 37. So just picking three random teams, it was 53 of 118, or 45%. Which is way different than the 75%+ we're getting in SD. It may supposed to be determined as you say, but something is amiss.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

I am interested in minor league spreadsheet. Can you PM me as to how it works? I am not excel savvy
Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle »

Unfortunately the Draft Page is the only page that has a button to download a spreadsheet. So, in this case, I have to copy and paste my minor league page into a spreadsheet and then do a lot of editing to make it look normal. Then I have a way I've developed to determine mathematically each player's potential. I will not share the math with you though :)
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Ok not being the math person to figure such stuff out I will struggle on.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”