Some league consolidation is in order

Let us know what you'd like to see!
CJefcoat

Some league consolidation is in order

Post by CJefcoat »

There are a ton of half full leagues and the pool of available owners seems to be shrinking.

Is this in the cards?
Kingturtle

Re: Some league consolidation is in order

Post by Kingturtle »

The 24-team Dynasty League Keller Stargell has 5 bots in it. :(
CJefcoat

Post by CJefcoat »

I've heard talk they are working on it. Seems like a necessary move at this point. Admin could at least post a note about it maybe to keep interest from flagging.
CJefcoat

Post by CJefcoat »

Seems like it would make sense to have the ability to leave a league and put that team in one that a)has openings, b)has the necessary competitive balance. It would also cancel out the merge process, which seems cumbersome. Since all dynasty leagues start at the same time it would be easy enough to say, hey I want to change leagues, I have the available DD to make it happen. Less work for the Admins.

It would eliminate the need for Dynasty Bots and leagues with unmanned teams.
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

That makes a lot of sense
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

I know the NGL is supposed to be getting owners from the DWL so some work is being done.

There are some 24 League teams that now ave 16 teams or less and could be contracted back down to 16 without any worry of finding other leagues to merger with and deal with rule changes.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

There have been several Dynasty League mergers in recent weeks and, I believe, at least one private league merger and I think another one of the Salary Leagues was shut down.

So there is consolidation going on. Admin is not just sitting back on his hands. Just because it's not going on in the areas you are asking about doesn't mean it's not happening.

But do keep asking! Squeaky wheels and all. Consolidation is not necessarily an easy thing. If even one or two owners don't want it, it can be difficult to implement. It can be forced, and has been, but it's not a first choice, especially with a shrinking customer base, y'know?

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”