Enhanced trading leagues (fot the many that like to trade)

Let us know what you'd like to see!
danno38852

Enhanced trading leagues (fot the many that like to trade)

Post by danno38852 »

Many Sims players express disgust at being in leagues where owners reject trading. To me it`s an enjoyable part of building a team. It gives you a feel of actually making a team " your team " . Why can`t a league have a rule that owners have to at least make 1 trade offer per season. If owners know this coming in you wouldn`t really have a need to track this requirement. It would attract owners that want to build via trades. At least make this league on a trial basis for a few seasons and you could always revert it back to the basic dynasty league.
WillyD

Re: Enhanced trading leagues (fot the many that like to trade)

Post by WillyD »

danno38852 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:12 am Why can`t a league have a rule that owners have to at least make 1 trade offer per season.
So what happens if no one wants to accept your trade, or if all of the offers sent to you are just garbage? Is there a penalty or does ABE make you trade? Can I trade a 5th round pick for another team's 5th rounder to avoid any penalty?
danno38852

Post by danno38852 »

Trades sent to you might be garbage. The point though is a new league with trade requirements would , I think , for the most part attract managers who want to build via trades.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

danno38852 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:16 pm Trades sent to you might be garbage. The point though is a new league with trade requirements would , I think , for the most part attract managers who want to build via trades.
You're missing the point. How are you going to make people trade?
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I don't think he wants to **make** people trade. The proposed league's intent is to attract owners who enjoy trading and the requirement of offering at least one trade per year is simply to keep people who DON'T enjoy trading away from it.

The offers may, indeed, be all fluff, nonsense, and a waste of good cyberspace, but his point is by creating a league with people who enjoy the art of the deal the number of deals would, by default, practically, go up and he'd be happy. (Presumably because he'd be involved in more trades than the leagues he is involved in, now.)
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

I don't know if it would cause any significant change but most active players in the Sim world agree that the lack of trades is a problem. I suggested putting trades completed into owner stats just to help owners select leagues they want to join.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

ballmark wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:29 am I don't think he wants to **make** people trade. The proposed league's intent is to attract owners who enjoy trading and the requirement of offering at least one trade per year is simply to keep people who DON'T enjoy trading away from it.

The offers may, indeed, be all fluff, nonsense, and a waste of good cyberspace, but his point is by creating a league with people who enjoy the art of the deal the number of deals would, by default, practically, go up and he'd be happy. (Presumably because he'd be involved in more trades than the leagues he is involved in, now.)
He did specifically say "must make one trade per year." I was wondering how he would accomplish that.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Huh. I missed that. This is all I saw.
Why can`t a league have a rule that owners have to at least make 1 trade offer per season.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

ballmark wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 am Huh. I missed that. This is all I saw.
Why can`t a league have a rule that owners have to at least make 1 trade offer per season.
Oh missed the "offer" part. Still dumb. Here's my 5th rounder for your 5th rounder. And again what happens if I don't make an offer?
danno38852

Post by danno38852 »

Ballmark was correct above. As advertising as a league that solicits TRADERS it would attract owners with like trading interests. Just do a beta and try it. I feel sure admin will be surprised. I propose only allowing vet owners with at least 10 seasons under their belt And 10 trades in their background ( these are just hypothetical requirements). There would be much less problem with owners that have been through the trading process before. Why not try it , I`d be in from day 1. Many others would be also. Thanks for viewing Sims friends what are your thoughts. Please comment if you`d like to see this.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”