170 teams

Let us know what you'd like to see!
lyle

Re: 170 teams

Post by lyle »

What is the going on with the mergers ?? it was on hold until for new programming but now it is June and all is quiet ??
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Mid August - no update
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I believe there have been at least two mergers recently.

The Harold Baines League and Lou Whitaker League merged into the Satchel Paige League.

And the Catfish Hunter Salary League was mothballed/retired (no longer exists).

I think at least one other merger took place, as well.

Chris has found a way to retain both merging league's history (well, at least a link to the old league's player card so a player's history is not lost once merged). And that was the hold-up.

So it is not fair to say there hasn't been any updates or progress. There may be more available teams, but that is not due to no effort on Admin's part.
BZL: KC Clippers#
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
CDL: New York Neons
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
SPL: Cincinnati Mavericks*
24TBeta: Boston/Seattle/Montreal/Miami

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator ~ @ Chaperone
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Good ... glad to hear it.
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

Suggestions:

Kill the Andy Messersmith League. Only three active owners since 7-26-18. 10 teams are unowned. There is no reason for this league to continue to exist. 10 of the teams bailed on this league in July.

Tommy John League Merge candidate. Eight active owners.

Albert Pujols League. Another merge candidate. Only seven active owners.

Harmon Killebrew League Nine active owners.

Andres Galaraga League. Eight active owners.

Tony Gwynn League Nine active owners.

Gibson Feller League Candidate to be shrunk back to 16 teams. 11 active owners, 13 inactive.

Killing the one league and merging these six others, with the GFL shrinking, will put the looking for speed league replacements teams list to less than 60 (potentially even less).
VladimirTrump

Post by VladimirTrump »

Sorry to bring this post back up. What sort of marketing engagement does this site have? Is there a digital marketing plan? Secondly, perhaps we can label leagues or give the league a percentage which indicates the percentage of veteran managers so newbies know what they're getting into.

"Simulation baseball" would be the keyword to use, but simdynasty doesn't rank on the 1st page of google. You even get results unrelated to simulation baseball games. It shows on page 3 and no one really ever goes past the first page. Perhaps, I can lend some help in this area? A healthy simdynasty is in everyone's best interests!
Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle »

Don't know if they still do it, but they used to advertise online. I discovered this site 8 or 9 years ago through a banner ad on baseball-reference.com.
jyoung78

Post by jyoung78 »

I played Sim Dynasty between and '08 & '15. Had a lot of fun and managed some great teams. But part of the reason why I left aside from just being burned out was the fact that so many teams were available. Every league I played in had bots and a bunch of owners who just weren't that engaged. I randomly check in to consider maybe returning but when I see the HUGE list of available teams I decide against it. Seems like nothing has changed here in 5 years, same problems different year.
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

Down to 104 teams but there still could be some consolidation.
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

And we are now down to 80 teams :-)

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”