Instead of trade reversals...

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Michael1

Re: Instead of trade reversals...

Post by Michael1 »

too much bias in arbitration. A Compton trade or Denbone or Pecker trade would already be seen as collusion before he could look it over. In the APL we have an owner who's trades are always being voted on. Having an outsider like Hamilton or WillyD come in look at a trade and then "order" team A to give up a first or prospect 12 and Team B to give a 2nd on their end. won't fly. If in doubt use advice. Then the suggestions can be included in a counter.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Michael1 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:46 pm too much bias in arbitration. A Compton trade or Denbone or Pecker trade would already be seen as collusion before he could look it over. In the APL we have an owner who's trades are always being voted on. Having an outsider like Hamilton or WillyD come in look at a trade and then "order" team A to give up a first or prospect 12 and Team B to give a 2nd on their end. won't fly. If in doubt use advice. Then the suggestions can be included in a counter.
Totally agreed.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

You would be surprised at how much you would have to pay me to get me to arbitrate this garbage. :) Leagues should police themselves and if the league culture is toxic, leave or drive the problems out. This is part of why speed/subscription leagues are inherently better than dynasty leagues. The league commish still doesn’t have unlimited power, but can do much more to curb this stuff than in dynasty.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

I only used you and Willy because everyone respects you two. I did say to advice trades if they seem sketchy You would be surprised ( ok you wouldn't) how many folks think that all there offers are fair. A first offer is usually hey you I want to see what it takes to get this guy. not usually the best offer. Dickering will avoid many trade protests.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Hamilton2 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:18 pm You would be surprised at how much you would have to pay me to get me to arbitrate this garbage. :) Leagues should police themselves and if the league culture is toxic, leave or drive the problems out. This is part of why speed/subscription leagues are inherently better than dynasty leagues. The league commish still doesn’t have unlimited power, but can do much more to curb this stuff than in dynasty.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Totally agreed on this, too. I would need to be compensated, rofl! This would just open the door to absolute major dramafests...
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Michael1 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:28 pm I only used you and Willy because everyone respects you two. I did say to advice trades if they seem sketchy You would be surprised ( ok you wouldn't) how many folks think that all there offers are fair. A first offer is usually hey you I want to see what it takes to get this guy. not usually the best offer. Dickering will avoid many trade protests.
Absolutely - but too many guys get offended and don't understand that very simple concept; and they don't communicate or say anything to help the situation - they just decline with no comment or decline with some absurd BS how they are offended - which is totally not the intention...lol!

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”