An anti-tanking idea

Let us know what you'd like to see!
pucked

Re: An anti-tanking idea

Post by pucked »

i am in i believe the only edit league which i find great and adds a new dimension to the game
the draft is normal but the use of edits which can be very powerful starts from 3rd place down. this gives all teams an incentive to win
and reduces the need to bank. a chance of a good edit far outweighs the usual gain in draft position from tanking.
Leonard

Post by Leonard »

I find that edits take too much time. That is probably one reason why there aren't lot of edit leagues on the site. Not enough interest in them.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

There's a league that has successfully eliminated tanking. The Frank Robinson League is using a wheel draft and there's no tanking at all. We have a 3 team expansion draft and as soon as we fill those slots the next 12 season term will begin.
Last edited by WillyD on Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glug

Post by Glug »

The wheel draft is in a couple leagues and are the ONLY leagues that stop tanking. The draft pick penalty leagues only move the tanking up a few spots. Nothing else I have found stops it.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Only 1 team left in the Frank Robinson League Expansion Draft. Detroit is still available and they pick 3-14-6-11-1 in the wheel draft (amateur draft) over the next 5 seasons.
curlin

Post by curlin »

Do away with the notion of being "owners" and make us "general managers" who can be fired for bad performance.

At season's end the four teams with the poorest records are up for review. The general manager with the fourth-worst record can choose to abandon his team and choose to take over any of the three worse teams, or stand pat. Then the third-worst team gets his opportunity, then the second-worst team. The fellow who tanks for multiple years may make his team too attractive to the competition.
Maze

Post by Maze »

Award Coaching Points to Playoff winners after each series
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”