Chaperone trades should all be voted on by league

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Michael1

Chaperone trades should all be voted on by league

Post by Michael1 »

Too many Chaperones want to come in and tank. Not only is tanking against site rules it leads to teams not being sold and chaperones playing for free over a number of seasons. Chaperones are usually easy prey to league sharks. Trades are fine but trades that lead to tanking should be stopped.
WillyD

Re: Chaperone trades should all be voted on by league

Post by WillyD »

Michael1 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:47 pm Not only is tanking against site rules.
It's only against the rules in system 3 and 4 leagues.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Willy you know that chaperones come in tear up a team that has a core but needs pitching. Get crap in exchange and the team just stays unsold for several seasons. Chaperones should not be able to do this. WBL good example KC had a good core but traded it away for really nothing. I am against Superteams poaching players for little of nothing. Why I think Chaperones should be on a leash. If they want to trash teams let them buy them and do it. Site has to many unsold teams Chaperones don't help the situation.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Michael1 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:15 pm Willy you know that chaperones come in tear up a team that has a core but needs pitching. Get crap in exchange and the team just stays unsold for several seasons. Chaperones should not be able to do this. WBL good example KC had a good core but traded it away for really nothing. I am against Superteams poaching players for little of nothing. Why I think Chaperones should be on a leash. If they want to trash teams let them buy them and do it. Site has to many unsold teams Chaperones don't help the situation.
KC wasn't going to win anything and the chaperone owner that took it over knew that. In 5 seasons that team will be loaded with young talent and it'll get sold because the chaperone knows how to draft, and half the WBL has no idea how to draft. The previous KC owner had no clue what he was doing either, and in 5 seasons would've still been near the bottom of the division. In regards to selling to super teams, the players in question were on the market for over a full season and no one offered anything at all until recently. Why owners hold onto picks and waste their picks instead of trading for good players is beyond me. If you're not moving forward you will get passed by.

I'm currently the chaperone of a team in the JBL that has really good major league hitting and no pitching talent. When a couple of the hitters and the only decent pitcher reached 28 years of age and didn't pop a decent mentor grade, I put them on the market and sold them for future assets. I'll do it again too until I have a core of good pitching and good hitting.
Glug

Post by Glug »

I know one thing. When I pick a team to buy I would much rather pick a team with a lot of young options to one who traded away those options. Just me personally. You are obviously upset about a certain league and posting a lot of assumptions about other chaperones. I am not being snarky but are you a chaperone? If not it sounds like you got it all figured out on how to sell teams and maybe you should.

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”