So, what does the F Health Rating mean again?

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Beanballs

Re: So, what does the F Health Rating mean again?

Post by Beanballs »

Here is an example from the DML (system 4) of a D- health pitcher and check out this years injuries:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=12367653

I was abusing him hehehe
The Land of Pleasant Living
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

WillyD wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:08 am
tworoosters wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:57 am Pitchers health ratings are virtually irrelevant in anything but system4, though relievers will get nicked more frequently in system 3, and

I wouldn't say irrelevant
Probably why I didn't, what I said was virtually irrelevant
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Beanballs wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:47 pm Here is an example from the DML (system 4) of a D- health pitcher and check out this years injuries:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=12367653

I was abusing him hehehe
Here's Ryan Walker from the BHL, system 4, he hasn't even really been abused much by sim standards yet has 11 injuries in his 10 full time years and isn't even an orange health guy. The strange thing is that he only had one injury, for 14 days, over the three year span that he might have been "abused" 2104-06 .
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

tworoosters wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:23 pm
WillyD wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:08 am
tworoosters wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:57 am Pitchers health ratings are virtually irrelevant in anything but system4, though relievers will get nicked more frequently in system 3, and

I wouldn't say irrelevant
Probably why I didn't, what I said was virtually irrelevant
It's not even virtually. Health matters in system 3. We can debate how much, but it does matter. What you said is misleading to newer owners, so you were corrected.
Maze

Post by Maze »

Tworoosters I believe gave the best answer originally.

The thread asked for an explanation on why Injury System 2 is so out of whack.

Case scenario: I'm a super baseball fan who stumbles across Sim Dynasty by chance. I'm intelligent to know how to register and can read all the material. So, I get a trial team and try out the services. SimD let's people know in order to get the true feel and experience of the game, unless one purchases a few seasons .... So, I say, yeah - why not. I get me team ... and play. Now, after a few TRIAL SEASONS where one may say to themselves, the Health Rating doesn't really mean anything because the site wants people to sign up and play. Then once signing, where does it say, Injury System 2 is irrelevant? How long will it take someone to figure this out? Especially a person who isn't that smart? and they'll say, ... "aw man, the injury thing don't mean shit for pitchers even after signing up." ... Now a person needs to upgrade or switch teams to get the feel?

The word irrelevant means the Health Rating should be removed and let the chips fall where they may.

Why not analyze why people leave even after signing up? Even after only purchasing one or two teams saying "what gives?" DO u want me to just purchase so many teams and let the computer compute all the stats (except Injury 2)? If it's that big of a deal to lose games, then perhaps one should go find something else to do.

After saying all this, the last few times I spoke about this, many of me players went down to mass injuries (inside Injury System 2). Another time I spoke out, me squad lost 13 straight (by coincidence I believe). If the final explanation that Injury System 2 is irrelevant to Pitchers - then we ask for it to be stated in the rules. Let a person know coming in for the first time that "Injury System 2" is irrelevant for Pitchers. To add in true and the real meanings for the other injury systems as well.

or

Let there be no more Health Rating

Maze
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I think you're in the minority on this one. Most owners want some injuries, but don't want entire seasons lost either.

You can either leave the WBL and join a league with higher injuries, or get the WBL to change it's rules to system 3 or 4.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

For what it's worth, I just had my Closer (a RP) go down.

He'd pitched 56 innings last year, and only 12 IP this season. But he's D- Health and just fell victim to a 61 day injury. System 2.

So just because it hasn't happened to a particular team in a particular league doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

The Player
League Rules
BZL: KC Clippers#
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
CDL: New York Neons
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
SPL: Cincinnati Mavericks*
24TBeta: Boston/Seattle/Montreal/Miami

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator ~ @ Chaperone
Maze

Post by Maze »

being in the minority doesn't explain why system 2 is out of whack. I get it though ... if I want to experience the true feel, I need to ... blah blah blah.

And u answered me question sort of ... it does happen. It's happen to me squad for sure. But this isn't about individual bitching. This is about the enhancement on the overall experience In SImD. Offering more disclosure for Injury System 2 ... while not misleading the person who hasn't played even a trial league. For example, if one sees a player's card and the SP has A+ Health, what does it mean to a new person? If a player has C- Health ... what does it mean?

BTW, it's a suggestion only ... not worrying about leaving the WBL/drama league.

I have a friend who played Semi-pro ball as a pitcher and was real good for a few seasons. After a while, he grew arm weary throwing from an odd angles while being overweight. Sure nuff, he tore his rotator cuff and sat out for two years before throwing again. He felt good, but still drank beer with an unhealthy diet ... meaning, he fell victim to the same injury again. That's life. What he recognized years later was that he was putting too much stress on his shoulder from being overweight. Now as a slim and trim retired ball player, he could picture how he was causing of his own demise while working with his son. He teaches him on how to be a healthy ball player. We've had many discussions because his son is reaching the high school age and is performing very well. Remember, it's the healthy ones who overachieve, not the un-healthy ones which is a rare feat (e.g. Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente).

When I first started with SimD, I drafted this SP mainly because he had A+ Health while in a prior season I passed on the above player because he had F Health. Now, this player is a HOF and mine is a .500 scrub who hasn't developed for shit over the seasons. The above player only got better and better. The reason for the thread. Nevertheless, I will take the explanation of Injury System 2 as being "IRRELEVANT" for pitchers and hope others read the thread knowing this as well.

Maze
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

The information on health is in the game guide:

http://rules.simdynasty.com/index.php/S ... ed_Players

And there is also information about the importance of health (both for pitchers and hitters) in the site FAQ:

http://rules.simdynasty.com/index.php/F ... erences.3F

I agree that the injuries should be much more substatial for owners that game the game and use pitchers in unrealistic roles like the OP's example (or the starters that throw 300+ innings with little penalty), or that the manager preferences are tweaked by Admin to eliminate the abuse (there was a partial fix a few years ago when this strategy was introduced and copied), there still are loopholes in the preferences that allow that strategy to continue.

Are we going for realism (more injuries, results that are more historically acurate) or more owner/manager flexibility and control, the ability to be creative, ending up with statistical outliers? What about the pitchers in system 2 (or even 3) that can pitch 300+ innings a year over and over and not get injured? The relievers that pitch 200+ innings or regularly appear in 100+ games year after year? Where should the line be drawn?
The Land of Pleasant Living
Maze

Post by Maze »

Beanballs - yes. These were me concerns over time. Respect to Sim D for upgrading the rules and increased detailed explanation on injuries (although, the draft preferences section should be copied into the injury section - especially if this is what ABE is doing to all players).

Before joining, there were other simulation services that were higher rated than SimD. The biggest fault was players constantly joining then leaving. Then I wondered why because it's a very cool experience. Then after a few years, I noticed the difficulties for newcomers staying the course. After reading much of the updated rules, the details seem more clear. The game isn't easy for some. Like paying chess. U can still do the moves but get waxed 99% of the time fr those who studies.

As long as it is in the rules, then the newcomer can know what to expect. If it's not in the rules, how can one presume what anything means if not in the rules? Simple math.

I do not like the Walter Johnson stats for more than three pitchers in an era. Let's remember, Bob Fellar was 19 for his first start and he pitched for many seasons. I say more nicks and cuts (1-3 days) while maintaining the integrity of blasting a team with eight or more major injuries during a season. More early retirements for minor league players who have no shot of making the pros while adding more players to the draft. Extending the careers for others. If a player is below C-Rating, then more nicks and cuts (1-3 days), if above then less. For richer enhancement.

Maze

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”