So, what does the F Health Rating mean again?

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Maze

So, what does the F Health Rating mean again?

Post by Maze »

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=115 ... imps=stats

Please check out this players stats and by all means.

A grand total of 39 injury days in 10+ seasons ... Career rec 202-43, in 682 Games, 2200+ IPs. Add in the 12 playoff appearances and 8 WS titles and where does the F Health rating come into play? Please express a solid answer instead of some pitch like ... well, a shorten career, or the player breaks down fast. What is the purpose to label's one's health if the player can perform at a high level year in year out? Not once having a sub-par injury riddle season? I ask that the Health Rating be remove instead of playing the ... well, it means something to the hitters, but the pitchers, well ... (the one's who get injured the most in real life) ... let them try to break CY Young's Record of 511 Wins. It should be removed and make it random. For, it really doesn't make sense when evaluating players.

Maze
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: So, what does the F Health Rating mean again?

Post by Admin »

That league is using Injury System 2 which is light on pitcher injuries. It sounds as if you would prefer System 3 or 4 injuries, which increase pitcher injuries to rates similar to position players.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Maze

Post by Maze »

I guess. Just seems weird to witness every season. I was hoping for an explanation why the default injury system 2 is so out of whack when it comes to health ratings - Inconsistent at best.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is why Injury System 3 was created, but so many owners hated the extra pitcher injuries that System 2 has remained the default.

I personally recommend System 4, maximum injuries, which are still lower than reality.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

System was a carry over from when WBL was a Dynasty League and in Dynasty Leagues, "F" Health ratings - especially for pitchers - are essentially meaningless.

For a batter, it would mean the codebit would run out of energy much quicker and would have to be replaced every few games by a sub. To offset this lack of playing time, F Health players get a slight bump in improvements while developing.

But yeah, Admin is totally spot on. You want more realism? Go to a higher Injury System #. Now that you're a private league, you can make it happen.
BZL: KC Clippers#
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
CDL: New York Neons
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
SPL: Cincinnati Mavericks*
24TBeta: Boston/Seattle/Montreal/Miami

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator ~ @ Chaperone
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

At least change to system 3 injuries.

System 3 makes the injuries for pitchers on par with the injuries for hitters. Of course, people will start having to worry about the inning counts for young pitchers.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Pitchers health ratings are virtually irrelevant in anything but system4, though relievers will get nicked more frequently in system 3, and that's the way a lot of owners like it. Many owners in the game don't want their prime resources missing out due to injury so they stay in system 2 leagues, it's one of the choices you make when you join leagues.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

tworoosters wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:57 am Pitchers health ratings are virtually irrelevant in anything but system4, though relievers will get nicked more frequently in system 3, and

I wouldn't say irrelevant. Pitcher injuries are definitely more common across the board in system 3, even for starters, when compared to system 2. Your F health pitcher will get hurt at some point in a season, compared to maybe once or twice in a career in system 2.

Relievers are injured often even in system 2, when over-used.
Maze

Post by Maze »

39 injury days in 10+ seasons? Pretty much. this player is virtually unhittable for entire career. Why display Health rating if it doesn't mean anything?
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

System 2 is a rudimentary system that allows for gaming of the system, as Chris, Mark, and Bill said system 3 or 4 are the way to go Maze.

I play in several 3GPD leagues that use those systems, including the Dale Murphy (system 4) where I am commish, if you ever want to try one shoot me a message...
The Land of Pleasant Living

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”