Couple of things

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Couple of things

Post by Admin »

Broohaha wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm I’m checking in now to see how my teams fared today and just realized that even the quick links are missing from the top of the page. I have to go into the menu to do every single thing. Not only that but the “full menu” option is gone, which means not only do I have to go into the menu to simply navigate from results to standings or what not, but I also have to memorize where everything is.

I hate to be a complainer because I appreciate you guys so much, but this is really bad. I know you have to keep up with technology and changes are inevitable but the ease of the navigation and simple interface has always been the SD trademark. Its what makes this site better than any other of its kind.
You know, this gives me a great idea. Each page should have "quick links" to the next most logical place to go. So the menus are grouped by function but the quick links guide you through a path to maintaining your teams.

Help me out, everyone. When you make a run through your teams, do you tend to follow a pattern? Check the standings, check the game results, tune up your roster? On April 1 quick links should naturally appear for draft results and the minors page. Why not have the best of both worlds? Let's reinvent this wheel!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Checking on 9 teams daily, I definitely have a pattern I follow, and generally in this order:

• Game Schedule for results (I will click on shutouts to check for no-hitters)
• Disabled List for injuries and players cleared to play
• Minor Leagues for development updates and who should be promoted
• Standings
• Waiver Wire

If time permits, I also will check out my Depth Chart, All Star page, League News, and the Trade Desk.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

For me it's almost always schedule first. I check every game, looking for improves in the minors, and checking the box score for the stars of the game, injuries, etc. I then check team standings if competing, and/or the depth chart.
Napper

Post by Napper »

Results, Standings, Depth Chart, Injuries, Possible Lineup changes.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

I check the Schedule, then the Standings, then the message boards, then my Depth Charts. Then switch leagues and do it again. Schedule, Standings, Message Boards, Depth Charts ... not having the boards on the standings page directly is a huge bummer at the moment.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

ballmark wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:14 am Checking on 9 teams daily, I definitely have a pattern I follow, and generally in this order:

• Game Schedule for results (I will click on shutouts to check for no-hitters)
• Disabled List for injuries and players cleared to play
• Minor Leagues for development updates and who should be promoted
• Standings
• Waiver Wire

If time permits, I also will check out my Depth Chart, All Star page, League News, and the Trade Desk.
I am similar to this but instead of the DL page I go to the "News" page after results to see who was cut, league events, etc., then I can go to the wire page if needed
The Land of Pleasant Living
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hamilton2 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:28 pm I check the Schedule, then the Standings, then the message boards, then my Depth Charts. Then switch leagues and do it again. Schedule, Standings, Message Boards, Depth Charts ... not having the boards on the standings page directly is a huge bummer at the moment.
The server no longer has direct access to the forum database. Again, this convenience cost us in security. Right now, I have to write go-between scripts for every function that shares data with the forum database, and it's new (to us) software so there is a learning curve with each one. But information like this is invaluable in helping us set our priorities and get everything back to better than it was.

Thank you all for your input on your flow through the site!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

I do the following after each game is simulated, in this order:
(1) news for injuries and guys waived or DFA'ed, (2) game results to watch game, (3) standings, (4) schedule to see the opponent's pitcher for the next game, (5) adjust my lineup, (6) adjust my pitching rotation, (7) adjust managerial preferences under Pitchers, (8) adjust managerial preferences under Substitutions, (9) check depth chart to ensure 15 minors with 120 CPs, (10) make waiver claims.

It gets more complicated during the playoffs, but this is my order of operations for the regular season.
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hamilton2 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:28 pm not having the boards on the standings page directly is a huge bummer at the moment.
The last five posts are now on the Standings page again. I can't (yet) set it up to page through the posts, so all you get is the first five. If I can't get paging back I may increase this to ten.

Chris
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

That is so, so cool. Thanks Chris!

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”