Couple of things

Let us know what you'd like to see!
Broohaha

Re: Couple of things

Post by Broohaha »

I’m checking in now to see how my teams fared today and just realized that even the quick links are missing from the top of the page. I have to go into the menu to do every single thing. Not only that but the “full menu” option is gone, which means not only do I have to go into the menu to simply navigate from results to standings or what not, but I also have to memorize where everything is.

I hate to be a complainer because I appreciate you guys so much, but this is really bad. I know you have to keep up with technology and changes are inevitable but the ease of the navigation and simple interface has always been the SD trademark. Its what makes this site better than any other of its kind.
Broohaha

Post by Broohaha »

Hamilton2 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm
Broohaha wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:13 pm
Hamilton2 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:55 am The lineup screen gives you a pop-up if you try to navigate away and have not saved your changes yet. The drag and drop lineups are a great enhancement, as is the optional (it is a checkbox at the bottom of the lineup page) "re-arrange" lineup automatically thing.
I’m sure you’re correct if you’re using a computer. I’ve been playing on my phone for years. Nothing you just said applies to me.
I use my phone as well, but I have it set to "view full site" instead of the mobile site. As Chris said in an earlier thread, the mobile navigation and functionality for the site has lagged far behind for years.

I hope he gets this fixed for you! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Where is the “view full site” option? I can no longer find it. It used to be one of the quick links at the top of the page. I’ve been searching for it for several minutes now, can’t find it anywhere.
Broohaha

Post by Broohaha »

I can’t view stats on my lineups page. Only skills. The option to switch is gone. I swear I’m trying to figure these things out on my own before I post the question here. I can’t seem to find anything useful. Where is “stats vs RHP”?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I am working on restoring the "view full site" option, in the meantime if you click on http://simdynasty.com/indexin.jsp?mobile=0 it will set the option for you.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Broohaha

Post by Broohaha »

Thank you, Chris.
piper108

Post by piper108 »

Admin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:07 pm
piper108 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm I think on mobile the old menu system worked really well. Now, what used to require me clicking on one link (getting to "results") now requires me to click on three different things as I navigate through the menu.
Were you using the plain text menus?
The drop down menus show up for me on my phone, I use the mobile version of Chrome for iOS.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Broohaha wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:38 pm Where is the “view full site” option? I can no longer find it. It used to be one of the quick links at the top of the page. I’ve been searching for it for several minutes now, can’t find it anywhere.
This is now on the "Help" menu.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

I have to say that I love the new menus. I can actually access the full site on my cell and ipad now, which I haven't been able to do for 2-3 years. I know of at least one owner who left the site over that issue. I can see why people who didn't have that issue would not like it, but imo it's long, long overdue.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I agree. Considering the changes put into place coupled with the explosive popularity of the site's Facebook page, I would almost have to say that the hack was a blessing in disguise.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

dirtdevil wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:42 pm I have to say that I love the new menus. I can actually access the full site on my cell and ipad now, which I haven't been able to do for 2-3 years. I know of at least one owner who left the site over that issue. I can see why people who didn't have that issue would not like it, but imo it's long, long overdue.
I worked with an owner to get a number of iDevice bugs fixed. Static menus work on iPhones and iPads again, the bottom static options aree no longer blocked, the menu button wasn't working on some iPhones and it's fixed now.

All menus, the dynamic, static, and newbie menus now use the exact same code. And yes, it is long overdue. But a lot of the work necessary to make them happen was the same work I had to do to strengthen the infrastructure.

If you don't like the menus still, tell me specifically what the issue is and what browser/device you are on. There should be no devices for which the old menus were superior, but there still could be bugs on certain platforms like the iPhone bug preventing the mobile menus from opening.

The site should look far better on all phones now, although some things are hidden (as they were designed to be) due to the small screen sizes. At the time we started with mobile, all of our users were using full size computers and mobile was just what you used to make a quick change between games. Now some people play the entire game on their phones. I've had to get re-familiarized with all the infrastructure so this is going to be a good time to get improvements in. And ironically, yes, a lot of this would only be possible by taking down the site for a few days.

We will emerge stronger. I know we have lost a few users over the downtime or worries about security, but the majority of our userbase has been patient and supportive.

There is still a lot to do. I need to migrate the recent upgrades to football. We need to get the old forums back online. Edit leagues are going without edits. Dynasty leagues need to catch up three days worth of games. And there were merges pending that need to be moved forward. Thank you again for everything, especially your patience and bug reports.

Chris

Return to “Baseball Suggestions And Enhancements”