Playoffs starting early

Discussions for the Amos Otis League.

Moderator: daytonjake

Minions

Playoffs starting early

Post by Minions »

Oakland and my boys from Minnesota are playing a 3 game series for the rights to go to the playoffs here in the AL. What a tough way to end the season!!! At least there's no 1-game play in involved, those are the worst.
ptech

Re: Playoffs starting early

Post by ptech »

Agreed. I’d rather lose outright than have a one game playoff which messes up my rotation for the next round.
Minions

Post by Minions »

THEN START WITH THE LOSING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ptech

Post by ptech »

I tried...

Oh well. I guess I’ll need to learn to live with winning.
Minions

Post by Minions »

Yeah, thats a tough one to take this late in the year, but you earned it, so good luck to you. I want to say I lost to the champ, so you know where my chips are.
ptech

Post by ptech »

I’ve been there. Got knocked out of the playoffs on game 162 a couple times. Tho the worst was this team I had in another league. Lead the league in wins for 8 straight seasons and never won a WS. That was a super bummer.
Minions

Post by Minions »

Yeah, I had an Atlanta Braves team I took over that had a Greg Maddux (interesting who the previous owner liked lol). Greg was an A+ rated pitcher, and I stacked him with all sorts of solid arms, some truly great hitters, yet like the real Atlanta Braves, only one the one championship in 11 playoff appearances. ABE can be a tough one.

Return to “Amos Otis League”