Surprise...yep, always tough Smolder right there again!!!

Discussions for the Al Lopez League.
hudgeliberal

Surprise...yep, always tough Smolder right there again!!!

Post by hudgeliberal »

Well, my old nemesis Smolder is once again at or near the top of the N.L, currently in 1st and riding a 4 game win streak and 8 of their last 10. Thankfully, my guys have rebounded from an absolute dismal start to climb into second place, two back but we have won 7 of 10 ourselves. Now, that is all fine and dandy, so to speak, UNTIL you look at Stang and his Pirates who have also won 8 of 10 including 4 straight and are one game back of us. Then on down you see that every team is still in the mix, just like last season when you literally had almost every team within striking distance of winning the division all the way til the final handful of games. Should be fun once again!!! Best of luck to all but hope the best luck shines on those old fools from L.A (NL L.A that is) lol. Have a great weekend...at least what's left.
Last edited by hudgeliberal on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckeyes

Re: Surprise...yep, darn Smolder right there again!!!

Post by Buckeyes »

this is why this is the best league ib the entire sim system. Never know who will wind up on top! :D Then you have Tampa :roll: :o who can't seem to get it together in this league any more but is going great guns in others :x :x :x You just never know (LOL Good luck to those who are fighting for the top. It is great to watch the competition
hudgeliberal

Re: Surprise...yep, darn Smolder right there again!!!

Post by hudgeliberal »

Yeah Elle, we all know you can manage bro, you are dominating other leagues. Yes, we have some epic talent here as literally every manager is capable of putting it together and winning it all. I'm so happy just to be in the running for a 3-peat, especially in this league. I know Smolder won 3 in a row and seems like someone else did as well. I don't know if we can pull it off, took a late season 10 game win streak to keep me in the mix last season, definitely can't wait on that this go round. I just don't know if we have enough power, we can score and some say it doesn't really matter as long as you score, however, our lack of power has cost us...should be fun. What a great league!!! Every manager is good enough to win and you can't say that about many leagues...might be the best from top to bottom!!! Come on Elle, I have faith in you brother!!
smoldering

Re: Surprise...yep, always tough Smolder right there again!!!

Post by smoldering »

Yeah, we both came back from rough starts to the season. Went 1-6 to start and finished July at .500. Now sitting at 17-5 for August. Still over a month to go where anything can happen, especially in this league!

Return to “Al Lopez League”