Guess I got a bit spoiled...

Discussions for the Al Lopez League.
hudgeliberal

Guess I got a bit spoiled...

Post by hudgeliberal »

...have been blessed to be in contention most seasons in the last 4 or 5 trial runs, however, we STINK now lol. It is so funny, how there is so much more quality players in this draft compared to the last trial run. Oh well, have you guys noticed that RANGE in this draft has taken a huge hit compared to recent drafts?? Maybe its just me but not seeing a lot of quality guys with RANGE as we have had before. Just some thoughts...
the_soup

Re: Guess I got a bit spoiled...

Post by the_soup »

Hang in there. I had a slow start the last season and came back to be a contender eliminated the last day. The players in the draft seemed older this round, which might be impacting the fielding range. I also seem to get the lower pick with starting pitching, which can always be a challenge. Still a lot of games left this season!
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

What I have had in the past is awesome starts where I'm annihilating mostly everyone, only to have my best players being injured and drop like flies, my best pitchers act like they were getting paid by how many runs they gave up, my fielders acting as if they were lobotomized and making more 2-base errors than singles, and instead of home runs I just get double plays in the worst possible moments, sinking to 5th at the end of the season...

I keep my fingers crossed, but ANYTHING can happen still!
SquidJordan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am all you can do is all you can do.
Vytron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about
Buckeyes

Post by Buckeyes »

WELCOME TO THE CLUB GUYS, i'm like the old washington senators, first in war, first in peace and last in the baseball league (lol)
hudgeliberal

Post by hudgeliberal »

LOL, yes great posts fellas. I have had a season where I was 11 games back with like 19 games to go and somehow managed to make the playoffs so I am far too competitive to throw in the towel and even if I'm eliminated I will try to win every game because it is not fair to those fighting for playoffs to have one team just throw it in and have that decided the finish! Yeah, we are going to keep working to improve...season is still young but we need some wins in a hurry lol.

Return to “Al Lopez League”