Al Lopez AL Baseball

Discussions for the Al Lopez League.
tomsawyer-finn

Al Lopez AL Baseball

Post by tomsawyer-finn »

The 1951 season is now one series old and some surprising teams came out on top after the first three games. The season is not a sprint but a marathon so there is little worry in any of the clubs who have found themselves apart of the second division early in the season.

Anaheim took two of three from Washington winning game one 3-0 and game three 5-4. Washington took game two 5-2.

Detroit took game three 14-13 in 10 innings to win this series two games to one. Detroit won game one 10-6 and Kansas City took game two 3-2.

Baltimore lost game one 5-0 but rebounded in the final two games 3-2 and 7-5.

Tampa Bay drew capacity crowds all three games of their series in Tampa. The changes made in the club has given the fans hope that their team will escape the celler and put some pressure on the upper echelon clubs this season. The have two series at home to get a look at this possibilities.

The Devil Rays came from behind to win game three.

Tampa took a 1-0 lead. Tom Krause walked and stole second base. Pedro Torrez singled to drive in Krause.

Los Angeles scored three runs in the 5th to take a 3-1 lead. George Mack singled to center field with no one out. Pitcher Joe Marion singled in Mack with two outs. Miller doubled with Marion stopping at third base. Joe Hiller singled in Marion and Hiller.

8th inning.

Three run eighth inning put Tampa in front to stay 4-3.

Charlie Clary walked. Gary Bittker homered off Marion. Torrez singled with one out and Proenza doubled in the final run.

Tom Olson picked up his second save of the series with a scoreless 9th inning.
hudgeliberal

Re: Al Lopez AL Baseball

Post by hudgeliberal »

Good write ups...keep em coming and I will try to up my game with recaps on the weekend when I'm off work.
lgcrowder67

Re: Al Lopez AL Baseball

Post by lgcrowder67 »

I am retired (US Army) and have the time and love of baseball and writing so I enjoy it but it would be mice to have two ''sportwriters'' covering the league.

Hopefully my team will improve from its dismal performance last season.

Return to “Al Lopez League”