40 year old McGinnity with quite the season

Discussions for the Gaylord Perry League.

Moderators: nuzzy62, Buzzz

VladimirTrump

40 year old McGinnity with quite the season

Post by VladimirTrump »

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12975201

With several games remaining, he's batting over 300 and a single HR shy of 25 and probably will finish 7th all-time in HRs, unless he can miraculously bang out 7 or 9 more hrs to get him into the top 5 or 6. What a great career. I thought he would be good, but he exceeded expectationos
Buzzz

Re: 40 year old McGinnity with quite the season

Post by Buzzz »

Quite an accomplishment. Alot of things lined-up for McGinnity...your in rebuild so can afford to play 'em, short fences in your park... inwhich have been contemplating changing my stadium. Not sure if should go with a bandbox where hit more HRs or move the fences back (have 6 A+ speed guys) and let speed and my pitching be the strength.

Does anyone know how to setup a poll? Am thinking of doing a poll vote for the HoF...or is it worth the time and do it the way have been?
steveo525

Post by steveo525 »

He's really close to 3,000 hots too
VladimirTrump

Post by VladimirTrump »

This is true, but he is a lefty so he didn't have the same advantage as Gogol did. I just switched parks 2 seasons ago which is now left friendly. But he was belting bombs to league average fences in left, which is the most impressive aspect.

I'm in favor of you moving your fences in. Let's see what sort of monsters we can create.

And you're right Steveo. Completely forgot about that

Return to “Gaylord Perry League”