Dis-advantage

Discussions for the Gaylord Perry League.

Moderators: nuzzy62, Buzzz

Buzzz

Dis-advantage

Post by Buzzz »

phen0m, why do I have such a disadvantage over you?

If you look at out teams, well... theirs something there besides players going-on. Not sure if its because your settings are that much better than mine. It be cool to read your thoughts, cause wow... you did this last time you were in GPL where you whiz-banged throu eveyone.
phen0m

Re: Dis-advantage

Post by phen0m »

not sure really, i was expecting a close 3 way race with you guys and KC to be honest. The difference has been pitching, i think its probably party due to most teams in the AL being better vsL and you have a lot of lefties and i happen to have all righties, also maybe my SP's just overperforming a little and yours underperforming. And the bullpens have been a big factor as i have Ranew closing and winning most of my close games, while you have 3 not too great bullpen guys pitching a lot innings and blowing a good amount of games.(though u have braun helping in there now)

theres definitely not a 15 game difference between our teams though and im not gonna be very confident in the ALCS at all
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Interesting. My rotation is about the same as last season, even considering the diminishing skills of Cliff McCann. My Bullpen is not as effective as last season, and in fact it's kinda crappy ... my closer retiring didn't help. My line up is better than last season IMO, and even made some moves to bolster things up.

ABE hates me, there's also that.

Anyway, we're going to finish over .500 and there's always next season.

It's all good.

Dogbelly
K.C.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

Well... my pitching staff hasn't changed over the past several seasons where led the league in ERA for several seasons. Connelly a A+ RH SP is playing OS36 this season but replaced him with a B+ overall A+ Cntl SP Hensley Perry who's done fine. But... my team ERA is a whole run higher... was at 2.75 team ERA over the past several seasons. This season am at 3.75, an entire run increase?

Strange.

But my team hitting has improved, leading the league in Team BA? Not sure what the dynamics have changed in 1 season to make my pitching suffer, but hitting improve.

More on this after the playoff's.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

Congrats to the Nots who bested the Wild Rovers in 7 games in the World Series.

Was trying to figure out why was having a difficult time with Toronto and previous to that Philly in 2 WS, losing to all those squads. One thing that must have been a factor was both Phil/Tor having similiar stadium configs which has short LF porches, while long distance with high fences in RF. Making it tough on Seattles somewhat LH-batter oriented lineup...plus both Phil/Tor pitching was all RH, making my lefties-batters start. Ofcourse, Sea had a LHPitching dominant team facing short LFfences.

Must say am dissappointed in this recent Sea rebuild. Made a ton of trades to try and patch a dominant team together, but to no avail. Seems nobody really took it to the next development level. For being high-picks Holman and Coleman really came up short. Didnt draft any stellar players during my top-3 pick time. Infact during my time in GPL have NOT ever had a no-brain, knock-out player fall in to my lap with the 1st pick.

Then, there's the home-team syndrome, owners think there teams are better than they are.

Return to “Gaylord Perry League”