400th Season for the GPL

Discussions for the Gaylord Perry League.

Moderators: nuzzy62, Buzzz

Buzzz

400th Season for the GPL

Post by Buzzz »

figure the 500th Season is ~104 weeks away which is 2 human years away. Speaking of humans do you know that 2 people have been a GPL owner since its inception. Thier is also a current owner that joined at inception owning several teams over the seasons (Leonard do you lead SimDyn in teams owned? Your teams owned list is lengthy)
Leonard

Re: 400th Season for the GPL

Post by Leonard »

I probably do. I think teams owned includes the many teams that I have chaperoned. I probably should cut down a lot on the number of teams so that I could focus more on a few teams.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

I think your doing just fine Leonard. :P Good to have you in the GPL

For you folks who do not know the 2 Owners that have been in the GPL since its inception they are.... Nuzzy and RIch... 400 seasons. You guys don't seem that old. :? (Well Nuzzy might be :lol: )
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

That's awesome. Cool records.
rich45

Post by rich45 »

Age is just a number (a big number, but just a number)! :lol:
Rich
GPL has been a lot of fun. You folks make it so.
Nuzzy...well done!
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

Rich, how many years do you go back with SimDyn?

8-10 years ? (you still musta been sporting peach-fuzz)
rich45

Post by rich45 »

About ten years Buzzzz... Started with the GVHL and it became a nice one of my hobbies.
Buzzz

Post by Buzzz »

What is GTHL ? George Van Haltren League? a 3 a day,,, that must take forever to complete a season

How much different is Sim now vs. 10 years ago. is that when the site started?
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

In 2013 the company moved me from a field job to an office job. What I'm sure they thought was a kindness I quickly found must be similar to a stretch in a penitentiary. Like, I can't spit on the ground anymore, I have to watch your language, I have to use the restroom all of the time and my cubicle was nowhere near a window. Anyway, between the long commute to downtown Houston and the new job its self, I didn't have time for much else. I left SD for three years (2014-2017).
I don't know what it is about this game but I missed playing on a daily basis along with my old job. This league has become one of my favorites (36-games per day and good owners make it so) along with the OCL and TCL. I have since rejoined those other two leagues.

In October of last year, a miracle occurred ... for a lot of reasons, they sent me back to the field!! I signed up for a team almost immediately.
I am currently in two Dynasty 3-GPD - OMG - It's like watching paint dry. I won't be in Dynasty leagues much longer.
I started playing SD in 2003.

Rich, you are 100% correct ... age is just a number. It seems other people worry about my age a lot more than I even think about it. Were you and Nuzzy the guys who thought up the 36/GPD concept???
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

Time flies.

I am kind of surprised this has been the only 36 GPD league ever. We havent had too much trouble staying filled.

Return to “Gaylord Perry League”