CAL Status - Tue Sep 17th

Discussions for the Branch Rickey League.

Moderators: nuzzy62, Buzzz, VladimirTrump

Johngarm70u

Re: Moving day....

Post by Johngarm70u »

samtinky wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:10 am The initial draft is designed to be as balanced as possible, so it doesn't really have anything to do with the wheel draft we're using. The wheel draft for the amateur draft doesn't matter where it starts, because it's perfectly balanced over 16 seasons. I'm just saying that no matter how you start the 16 season cycle with the amateur draft order, there's not any unfair way to do it, so there's no reason to spend too much time on it or stress over it.
Agree with this. Would appreciate it if you get it figured out before the draft as it will be a thing for trading afterwards.
Johngarm70u

Re: League Rules

Post by Johngarm70u »

Agreed. I do think it's something Admin needs to be aware of ahead of time. He probably already knows and maybe brought to his attention within that 24 hour window between draft and start of season if its still wrong. They do look like trial league settings.
PhillyDynasty

Pause Between Initial Draft and Regular Season?

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Hi all,

I suggest that we have a one or two day pause between the initial draft and the start of the 1950 season. This pause will allow us to decide on a team strategy and purse trades. I expect there will be a lot of trades in the first season! In a 36 GPD league that runs all of its games in 5 days, taking 24-48 hours to reach a trade deal can mean that you're nearly halfway through the season, which could rush negotiations. In a normal 3, 6, or 9 game league, missing a real-life day or two is less of a concern.

Initial draft would be at 4am on Draft Day (DD). Current game start is 5am on DD+1. I suggest we move that start time to 5am on DD+2 or DD+3. How would people feel about this?
matthewlee3

Re: City Preference

Post by matthewlee3 »

If it's not too late, would like to move Cincinnati to LA (N)
PhillyDynasty

Re: Pause Between Initial Draft and Regular Season?

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Bumping this because the draft is happening Thursday. League would start Friday if no change. I am proposing a one day delay to Saturday or a two day delay to Sunday.
Johngarm70u

We are full!

Post by Johngarm70u »

According to the rules that means the initial draft should run thursday morning super early. Everyone should be sorting their players and good luck to everyone!
roguesteve

DRAFT ?

Post by roguesteve »

What day and time will the draft take place (EDT)
Johngarm70u

Re: DRAFT ?

Post by Johngarm70u »

The Initial Draft and League Start
The cutoff time for leagues filling is 5 a.m. After the league fills, the initial draft will run two days later. Leagues that fill before 5 a.m. will be considered having filled the previous day. Games start the next day.

Let's say a league fills up at 2 p.m. on Monday. In that case, the draft would run at 4 a.m. on Wednesday. The first games would be played at 5 a.m. on Thursday.

If a league were to fill at 4:15 a.m. on Monday, the draft would run at 4 a.m. on Tuesday, and games would start at 5 a.m. on Wednesday.

That was from the rules. So I am assuming 4am Thursday morning. Unless the Commish says otherwise. There is a thread asking to wait a day or two after the draft to run the league.
Johngarm70u

Re: Pause Between Initial Draft and Regular Season?

Post by Johngarm70u »

I dont really care wother way but if people want a pause I will vote yes for one.
master86

2B who throws L?

Post by master86 »

was ranking players and for some reason I looked at his B/T and noticed this second basemen throws Left Handed?
Not sure I've come across this in SD.

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?mode=p ... d=13281218

Return to “Branch Rickey League”