Hall of Fame interest?

Discussions for the Simmons Davis League.
Michael1

Hall of Fame interest?

Post by Michael1 »

My last time here I tried to get this going and I see Minions took it but got no where. I will write to Chris to get control of the induction and will have a list out by season's end. What I will do for the first ballot is put anyone on the ballot who is top 15 in at least 3 batting stats and Pitching will be any 2 of Wins, Saves, K's, WHIP, ERA and any one of GS or Shutouts. You all can decide from their if All star, Gold Glove, MVP, Cy etc. are enough to be voted in.

I usually do 75% of votes cast to elect and stay on Threshold is 25% of votes cast. I usually give 4 ballots but this first set will get 6 tries as it may be hard to choose. Votes will be limited to 10 with such a large ballot.
:D
starbolt

Re: Hall of Fame interest?

Post by starbolt »

I'm interested.

One of the things that complicates the process here is that we scarcely have enough history in our blended league to generate our own HoFers. We're just starting to turn over players who have played their whole career in this league but that doesn't really guarantee they have the credentials and the blended history obscures the qualifications of players that straddles both eras.

I think your list will be short or should be made short pretty quick because there are few truly qualified candidates in the blended league pool. Some of the "automatics" like 3000 hits or 300 wins haven't even been attained in this league.

I'd propose a Veteran's Committee approach. Get a champion from each legacy league to sponsor these straddling candidates for a vote.

Maybe hold votes on both approaches?
randb

Post by randb »

I think we should wait a little longer until we have a few more retired player to choose from. I am interested, however.
merpdemer

Post by merpdemer »

It’s going to be a while before anyone from the Avengers organization is in the HOF realm but I’m interested!
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

Wait a few more seasons
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

15 seasons is more than enough to start the HOF. Waiting just makes the ballot to large. There are enough retired players at the top of the stat sheets and we have ONE no doubt Hall member waiting. After this retirement cycle I hope to have the coordinator job and can put out a ballot. It is happening and I hope to get voters participating.

Return to “Simmons Davis League”