Player Ratings

Discussions for the Simmons Davis League.
Rogue22

Player Ratings

Post by Rogue22 »

Hey guys this is my first time playing and it looks like there are a ton of top tier players. It seems like every team is loaded with A- players at least. Is this normal? Is there a big difference between a low end A- and a high end A-?

Also wonder if there is any free agency or if players stay on their team the whole time.
Michael1

Re: Player Ratings

Post by Michael1 »

We have the reserve clause. players are yours until dropped or traded. Ratings are a guide line low end of all grades is slightly better than the high end of previous grade. Every player is different but will perform like others of the same grades.
Rogue22

Post by Rogue22 »

It just seems like there isn't a lot of diversity in player ratings, but maybe that is just because there is a big difference between letter grades.
merpdemer

Post by merpdemer »

The overall rating is just a guideline. I don’t pretend to be super good at this game or anything, but you can’t just go by their overall rating and say a A- is s better than a B+ simply.

It might be just because a players really good on defence but struggles at the plate, I’d argue that a better hitting player at B+ is better than A- that doesn’t hit as good. There’s some intricacies to the game to learn for sure.

There’s some guides on here to help learn as well.

http://rules.simdynasty.com/index.php/Beginners_Guide

http://rules.simdynasty.com/index.php/S ... Game_Guide

Hope that helps a bit!
Rogue22

Post by Rogue22 »

I read through these and have a questions about backups. Will they get put in when the starting player has red energy or only if the starter gets injuried.
SuchaMoron

Post by SuchaMoron »

both, tired and injured

"When a player's rest bar becomes one red bar, he will sit out the next game. If you do not make a substitution, ABE will make the substitution for you (he normally does a pretty decent job of this) and will base his decisions on your preferences in the backup menus, provided you have filled them out."
KuwentongPato

Post by KuwentongPato »

The overall rating is really just a guideline and doesn't always translate into overall performance. It's much better to look at the individual grades (hitting, power, speed, etc...) to evaluate a player, then put your team together with the players that you feel will be the best fit. Case in point, one of my B plus rated players had an MVP season a while back who was a good hitter but bad on defense. Of course, these are only the exception when you are putting your best team together and good luck in the SDL.

Return to “Simmons Davis League”