what a dummy i was....

Discussions for the Simmons Davis League.
redsfan43

what a dummy i was....

Post by redsfan43 »

I rested my big bats the last game of the season and totally blanked putting them back in the lineup for the playoffs!Grrrrrrr
SuchaMoron

Re: what a dummy i was....

Post by SuchaMoron »

Been there, done that. Not this season though, still trounced in 5. Regular season OPS .774, playoff OPS .609. NL East kicked our butts.
KuwentongPato

Post by KuwentongPato »

I'm really sorry to see that happened, I thought you had a really good chance to advance this season. I once faced a situation in another league where the other owner had come off a very strong season but had rested all of his top pitching and forgot to reset his lineup once the playoffs came around... I know that you are not the first person who has experienced this.
redsfan43

Post by redsfan43 »

lesson learned.. sigh
starbolt

Post by starbolt »

I've tried to manage my rotation that way, too, and ended up not getting an Ace a start. HORRIBLE management on my part and HORRIBLE game support for what we're trying to in preparation for the post-season.

Another thing that kills me is when you have a tie-breaker you have NO TIME to reset anything before the first series is played... so no opportunity to manage your roster... like stacking your starters in the bullpen to give you the best chance to advance.

Return to “Simmons Davis League”