Not a fan of Larry Stone....

Discussions for the Cesar Cedeno League.
sehughesny

Not a fan of Larry Stone....

Post by sehughesny »

...the one on OTG, not the real life former pitcher-turned-color man. Up 7-1 in the top of the 7th with one out, Larry lays down a bunt for a hit. A little annoying, but certainly there have been worse transgressions. In the same inning, one out AND SIX RUNS later, up 13-1, Larry lays down another bunt for a base hit. Kind of a dick move.

To be clear, I know rollman1 doesn't control that. I'm snearing at Larry and Abe for that 2nd bunt... :evil:
LTJaeger

Re: Not a fan of Larry Stone....

Post by LTJaeger »

I don't have any more of a problem with that than I have with the eight other hitters that all tried to reach base safely.
rollman1

Post by rollman1 »

sehughesny wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:14 pm To be clear, I know rollman1 doesn't control that. I'm snearing at Larry and Abe for that 2nd bunt... :evil:
or do I...
acnunnally

Post by acnunnally »

I have so many questions...

1. Have you checked out that dude's Gossage-style fu manchu? Impressive.

2. Why is an A-/A- vs. R number 5 hitter with A- speed bunting against a A-/C+ righty with one out and none on (never mind the score)?

3. Why is an A-/A- vs. R number 5 hitter with A- speed bunting against a C+/A righty with two out and a runner on third (never mind the score)?

4. Why hasn't Larry Stone gotten more PT the last few years?! He's a good player...who was he stuck behind?
rollman1

Post by rollman1 »

I cant answer any of the algorithm questions but he had been sitting to give the B+/B+/A+ SS playing time since my team was strong enough those years to allows for it.
acnunnally

Post by acnunnally »

ABE works in mysterious ways.

I have had the opposite problem lately--with teams bad enough to sit better players in favor of letting younger players develop!

Return to “Cesar Cedeno League”