Old Rivals Renewed

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
Wookieboy

Old Rivals Renewed

Post by Wookieboy »

Congrats to Washington and Houston making it to the WS... Congrats to both Chicago teams also on there excellent seasons ( it would have been fun to have seen a full Chicago WS..maybe next season )

Anyways

Wash VS Hou ... very nice renewal of past WS memories..i am excited to see how this WS turns out
machoking

Re: Old Rivals Renewed

Post by machoking »

I am excited to seebhow my pitching measures up to his elite offense. Also, the rebuild cycle has continued this rivalry. Let the best team win
BCNEvan

Post by BCNEvan »

Congrats, Houston. It appears Washington wilted over the back half of the series. I did have Washington as the underdog entering the series, so the loss was expected. Largely, once Moore went down at the end of the regular season, whatever edge Washington had in offense was lost. Washington's pitching wasn't its strength. In some ways, Washington was lucky to make it to the Series. I forgot to login Monday evening, so PIttinger--the best Washington starter by far--stayed on rest status. Oops. Chicago was unlucky to not proceed to the Series in view of Washington missing both their best pitcher and best hitter for the A.L. pennant.

Washington now enters an awkward stage as some younger starters pitchers need to develop and a couple of the younger hitters didn't develop as I hoped. Originally, I was trying to tune Washington's window around Bruhert and Moore. But with Buzas finding little in the way of return value, I did target the last two seasons before Washington's collection of older hitters went deep into decline. At least they managed to get one title. I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington miss the playoffs this season.
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

Congrats to Houston!
Wookieboy

Post by Wookieboy »

Yes congrats Houston
machoking

Post by machoking »

Thank you. I don'T See Washington going away for quite a few more years. It will be a battle for many more years to come.
Good luck to everyone this season.

Return to “Joe Medwick League”