Joe Mason and Billy Munoz Toss Perfect Games on the Same Day!!

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
Lyrici17

Joe Mason and Billy Munoz Toss Perfect Games on the Same Day!!

Post by Lyrici17 »

WOWZA!!

4/18/2025 Joe Mason of the Montreal Stallions has thrown a no-hitter against the Houston Halberds.
4/18/2025 Billy Munoz of the St. Louis Saints has thrown a no-hitter against the Pittsburgh Murder City Devils.

Mason strikes out 9, Munoz 6.

Mason pretty much needed to throw a perfect game, as his team barely is able to plate 1 runner for the 1-0 win. This is also Joe Mason's 2nd no-hitter (I believe his first was a perfect game as well, but it won't load for me, for whatever reason, so I cannot confirm).

This is the first no-hitter(s) since Frank Chevez in 2023 while a member of the Minnesota Winter.

Pretty NEAT!
spicoli306

Re: Joe Mason and Billy Munoz Toss Perfect Games on the Same Day!!

Post by spicoli306 »

Also, check this out for trivia:

Mason was selected #2 overall by the Cleveland franchise in 2009.
Munoz was selected #1 overall by the Cleveland franchise in 2015.

Munoz was traded to STL in 2019 while Cleveland was trying to make a questionable playoff push that was ultimately unsuccessful.
Mason was traded in a bizarre 2015 trade that "gave up?" on Mason for the #3 overall in 2016, which in turn turned out to be Walker Charles...who was later part of the 2109 Munoz to STL trade.

Mason is likely going to be in the HOF. Munoz, probably not unless he keeps throwing perfect games every season. :D
Lyrici17

Re: Joe Mason and Billy Munoz Toss Perfect Games on the Same Day!!

Post by Lyrici17 »

Interestingly, both players met in their next starts. Furthermore, I still can't get the boxscore to load for Mason's previous no-hitter, but on the league score page, I can see that he started in that game against, yup, Munoz. Small world.

Return to “Joe Medwick League”