Longest Win Streak Ever

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
mwcmerrill

Longest Win Streak Ever

Post by mwcmerrill »

Houston is at 25 straight wins. Is that a record?

On a different note, what's the record for most losses in a season? Toronto is making a run at it.
spicoli306

Re: Longest Win Streak Ever

Post by spicoli306 »

mwcmerrill wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 pm Houston is at 25 straight wins. Is that a record?

On a different note, what's the record for most losses in a season? Toronto is making a run at it.
Yeah, I don't think there is any way to check. 25 is pretty good though. You also jinxed em :lol:

Spud Rosenthal looks like one of the top contributors to the streak in addition to benefitting with some nice stats (6-0). His recent hot-streak will likely be key if he is able to overtake his teammates Johnny Williams and Howard Tracy for the NL Cy Young.

In a related note, I should probably be somewhat glad that my Boston team imploded against Chicago and is pretty much dead in race for an AL playoff spot. No shade to Cleveland, Washington, and Minnesota, but you guys might just be winning the opportunity to get whooped in the World Series to machoking.
machoking

Post by machoking »

It is a personal career record. But I have seen streaks in the 30s before in other leagues.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

I'm thinking you might have set a single-season record for number of All-Stars, as well.

Here's my count (* indicates starter):
1) Spud Rosenthal SP*
2) Brian Hill C*
3) Paul Lopez 1B*
4) Mike Patterson 3B*
5) Eddie Lawson CF*
6) Johnny Williams SP
7) Howard Tracy RP (1st spot in BP + Cy Young)
8) Tom Davis RP
9) Jimmy Holm RP
10) Fletcher Dragge RP
11) Odie Medeiros 2B
12) Justin Thomas RF

Very impressive!

Return to “Joe Medwick League”