Changing Player Names

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
anhjohn

Changing Player Names

Post by anhjohn »

Do we have any kind of agreement about changing player names in this league. Tricia Helfer a veteran of many years has just been changed to Andy Messersmith. It would be a courtesy to not change the names of established players, at least in my opinion. Its interesting to watch their careers even as they move on to other teams. Comptonz has a habit of doing this. What are the opinions of others please. Perhaps I am wrong to feel this way. Would appreciate the feedback of others.
spicoli306

Re: Changing Player Names

Post by spicoli306 »

anhjohn wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:59 am Do we have any kind of agreement about changing player names in this league. Tricia Helfer a veteran of many years has just been changed to Andy Messersmith. It would be a courtesy to not change the names of established players, at least in my opinion. Its interesting to watch their careers even as they move on to other teams. Comptonz has a habit of doing this. What are the opinions of others please. Perhaps I am wrong to feel this way. Would appreciate the feedback of others.
I'm only going to speak for myself as the official rules of Dynasty Leagues does not follow any official rules other than obscenities. That said, I always appreciate owners that try to change players names ASAP. This is a courtesy that has typically been followed by most of the owners who like to change names of players. I do think you are correct in your logic; it is disrespectful to the other owners to change the names of veterans who have held a name for a significant amount of time.

Bizarro Ichiro Suzuki is fair.

What do you say,, compton? Would you be so grateful as to change back Bill Milan and Tricia Helfer?
patred

Post by patred »

Personally I think a player's name shouldn't be changed after they've been in the Majors for a year, especially if it's a player who has played at the Majors on another team. After that first year, the player has that name no matter what, even if it's a career backup or scrub reliever.
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

Yes, I agree that if the player has an established major league presence, it should be the courtesy to leave the name as is. Even if for no other reason than to just not be confusing.
Ridge

Post by Ridge »

I agree that after a year or a certain number of at bats or innings pitched, name should no longer be changed.

Return to “Joe Medwick League”