He who shall live in infamy...

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
spicoli306

He who shall live in infamy...

Post by spicoli306 »

Dan Ulrich, career .622 OPS hitter with 1 of the most amazing, least likely, pinch-hit Home Runs ever...

Followed immediately with a game tying solo blast by my favorite Washingtonian, Mike Show. Suddenly, Game 4 is tied 2-2 going into extra innings. The inning prior, Washington was getting shut out 2-0, in danger of getting swept 4-0 to Cleveland...

The rest is history.

Splendid job, Washington. Greatest comeback of all-time!
spicoli306

Re: He who shall live in infamy...

Post by spicoli306 »

Oh, and I finally decided Mike Show is so damn good (especially after the Game 5 walk-off!!!), from now on, he will be known merely as...Mike Show'Nuff!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mevSvB ... gs=pl%2Cwn

Am I the meanest? Sho'Nuff! Am I the prettiest? Sho'Nuff! Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'Nuff!!! Well who am I? Sho'Nuff. Who am I? Sho'Nuff! I can't hear you...
BCNEvan

Post by BCNEvan »

One of my wife's favorite childhood movies.

Show definitely proved his quality in Game 4 and 5 of the ALCS.

Feels good to be on the other side of a comeback like that. I've been victim of 2 or 3 of those during the team's run.
Wookieboy

Post by Wookieboy »

Tough series loss for your Washington team 😂😂😂😂 I was really hoping your vets would pull together for a major upset and win .

Sadly Houston is stacked and extremely tough talented team with a few years left.........

Like I did said before I really would have enjoyed acquiring some of Washington's stud super stars but I am still developing and was not ready the past few seasons to trade........ however this season I am possibly looking further into some possible trade options
BCNEvan

Post by BCNEvan »

My vets just keep getting older. It's been quiet on the trade front since I placed those guys on the trade block. I've received offer(s) from exactly 1 team that involved future picks. My baseline of picks might be opening up to 18 or 19 year old OS-type players.

Return to “Joe Medwick League”