Trade concerns

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
Wookieboy

Trade concerns

Post by Wookieboy »

There have been a few lopsided trades past few seasons and not disputed but this current trade I feel needs a little more compensation.

Trade #1567948 has been completed between the Pittsburgh Murder City Devils and the Milwaukee Bandits. The Milwaukee Bandits receive Dave Babington, Hiroshi Sonokawa from the Pittsburgh Murder City Devils in exchange for Moe Nelson.
patred

Re: Trade concerns

Post by patred »

I don't think it's that bad. A couple of OS 30+ players for an a OS 24 guy. Maybe Pittsburgh could have gotten a draft pick, too?

I'm more concerned how an A- player could be released:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12428613

Pat
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

Yeah, I thought the same thing (I didn't think A- players COULD be released). For example, I am currently unable to demote the very player in question.
joedirt

Post by joedirt »

I only protest trades that are glaringly unbalanced and negatively effect the competitive balance of the league. I really don't see any trades that fit such a description, question the move; sure, but that could be most trades.

As far as demoting/waiving "A-" players, I would hope that they would try to trade them first. But, if they are rebuilding and making room to move players that will develop better in the majors, I can understand that.

I would actually like to see this league become a 24 team league to increase the opportunity for trades. But if the majority is against it, I am content.
mbaerwal

Post by mbaerwal »

I just took over the Pittsburgh franchise and am doing a slow rebuild. Young prospects do not grow on trees and I had an excess of 2Bman. I feel the trade is justified based on need.

Return to “Joe Medwick League”