Congratulations Houston & Cleveland

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
joedirt

Congratulations Houston & Cleveland

Post by joedirt »

Awe fudge! I thought I might squeak it out. Well, at least we made you play all 7. Now bring home the title.
machoking

Re: Congratulations Houston & Cleveland

Post by machoking »

It was a very hard fought series. Well played by St Louis squad. I thought for a second there that our trade for Tracey may have cost me this run. The Halberds are not going to take it easy on Cleveland. We are going to bring the title home to the NL where it belongs.
Last edited by machoking on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wookieboy

Post by Wookieboy »

Playoffs can always be tricky...Houston has had solid playoff run and St. Louis is gaining potential so a nicely fought series Congrats Houston.
Congrats Cleveland for squeezing past a tough Minnesota squad that had been in the hunt all season ...i wasn't sure how well the Seattle squad would perform this season with development of some youth in progress so I am not disappointed we had a very good regular season ..

I look forward to a good WS congrats to the champ
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

joedirt wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:28 pm Awe fudge! I thought I might squeak it out. Well, at least we made you play all 7. Now bring home the title.
Billy Munoz was a man possessed!!!

He's never going to justify his #1 draft position, especially considering who was taken #2. But damn, did he almost nearly single-handedly pull off the most unlikely upset! Credit to your Saints!

One spot I might have tried to get an edge at: Fulgencio Alou I know he had a rough season and I see he got injured late in September, but he would have been the kind of bat that might have been the difference in Games 5-7. It's nit-picky, but I think he would have had a chance against Houston's aces. Since your offense was already pretty overmatched, an A- batter could have made a difference.
joedirt

Post by joedirt »

Thanks! Munoz surprised the heck out of me. I only wish I could have started him three times in the series.

Alou's dismal season was a surprising disappointment, but Bronson did a great job replacing him and was my best hitter in the series. Alou would have been out part of the series so I elected not to have him on the playoff roster and went with three catchers instead.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Return to “Joe Medwick League”