World Series Matchup

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
spicoli306

World Series Matchup

Post by spicoli306 »

1st off, color me amazed that my squad made it past BCNEvan's Washington squad. That upset can rest securely on the long list of unfair endings Washington has had to endure.

As for in the NL, congrats to Houston. Your team is without a doubt the favorite in the Series. Good lord, you've got 4 A overall players and 14 A- players! Forget our upset of Washington in the NLCS, if we can hold our own against Houston, it will be a sign of the 2nd coming. Unfortunately, last year's Milwaukee upset run surely drained all the remaining fairy dust Boston would need badly this year.

Prediction: Houston in 4
Wookieboy

Re: World Series Matchup

Post by Wookieboy »

So far a tough WS and wow yeh I didn't realize Houston was loaded like that
machoking

Post by machoking »

Well done Boston. If you scored more than 1 run, then you win. Congrats.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

It's really been a very memorable season for Boston. 2021 was supposed to be our last chance with Mickey Valdez, Ken Jefferson, and Chico Lake being near the end of the line combined with Frank Shepherd and Chuck Blades both being OS34. The excellent 1st half of 2022 was really unexpected which of course led to our totally understandable collapse. Amazingly, we got just the right balance of last gasp effort out of those aging vets and some timely contributions by some of my youth. Crowell and Pointer had both unexpectedly great regular season stats and playoff stats. I definitely would never have predicted their early success, but I think it might start being a trend with younger players developing better because of System 5 minors. I don't want to sound like some kind of sabermetrics-bible thumper, but getting that last little bit of contribution out of every possible player should be important until the league completely catches up. In 10-15 years, it won't make as much of a difference. But for now, it is really fun seeing younger players contributing in ways that we already see young MLB players being quick difference-makers.

I certainly don't expect us to repeat any time soon. Considering the dynastic roster developed by Cleveland and what might end up being even more impressive in Seattle, just getting to the playoffs will continue to be a yearly slog. However, it is nice to be reminded that Boston's 2023 and as much as I like to joke about it, Milwaukee's 2022, are examples where the less-stacked rosters still have a chance year in and year out.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

machoking wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:03 pm Well done Boston. If you scored more than 1 run, then you win. Congrats.
I really can't say enough about how impressive the rosters both machoking and BCNEvan have put together. I know Washington won it all in 2019 and Houston won in 2021, but 1 championship for each of you doesn't seem like justice. Best of luck in the future!
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

Congrats to Boston!
Wookieboy

Post by Wookieboy »

CONGRATS Boston.... that was an incredible postseason

Return to “Joe Medwick League”