World Series

Discussions for the Joe Medwick League.
machoking

World Series

Post by machoking »

Congrats to St Louis and Seatle on making it to the World Series. Well played SL. Your Saints beat the Cy Young award winner 2 times this series and chased him out of the other start beore 3 innings. That was 3 starts, 7.1 innings, and 10 runs. I knew this day would come but it is still a little disappointing to not make the Series. I pass the baton to the Saints as our New National League Champs. Now go get them Wookies.
joedirt

Re: World Series

Post by joedirt »

Thanks, it was a great series and season for both of our teams. When Rosenthal threw the one hitter in game #6 I thought Houston was going to take the series. Usually pitching wins, but my guys have been hitting HR's all season (258) and the 12 we hit in this series was crucial. I look forward to scrapping it out with Houston again next season. Now I have to try to get passed the team I made a big trade with in the beginning of the season. It will be interesting to see how these players play against their old teams.

Trade #1575560 has been completed between the St. Louis Saints and the Seattle Wookies. The Seattle Wookies receive Maacko Murakami, Mel Abreau from the St. Louis Saints in exchange for Frank Alderson, Pat Adkins.
Wookieboy

Post by Wookieboy »

Great Nlcs between Houston and Stl ..it was a battle in Nlcs last season and I expected both teams to battle again(I was hoping to face off against the Great Houston team before there full decline)

ALCS was close also going 6 games ..Minnesota squad is tough competitor and I expect them back again next season

Oh yeh Adkins turned into a Beast after the Trade ( MVP and all star) while Abreau also found success here in Seattle.And yes I agree about seeing how the players perform against there former teams

Congrats to Stl for ending Houston playoff success and I say Good Luck to both teams in the upcoming WS
joedirt

Post by joedirt »

Awe man :(

Congrats Seattle, I hope we meet up again next season ... It figures that Abreau was your best hitter in the series.
Wookieboy

Post by Wookieboy »

Thank you Joe dirt
I am sure both teams will face each other again in future postseason action a few more times ...however every season is differant and it could be awhile before we battle again.

Just one note that Abreau might have been my best overall hitter but from game to game it was team effort..every game played different players contributed from both teams..i truly did not see any player from either team that was main series factor

Return to “Joe Medwick League”