Payment system update

Admin
Site Admin

Payment system update

Post by Admin » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 am

So, we had another rash of PayPal payments not crediting properly. Fortunately these were a one time issue and I think we have them all fixed. But it does show that I need to put some attention into the payment system.

The payment system is some of the oldest code in the site. PayPal has changed, and more payment processors are available. It's time we modernized this.

What my plan is, is to stop using "Speed League Credits" and use Dynasty Dollars for everything. Basically, you would mark your team whether or not to autorenew, and if you have the D$ in your account, it will automatically be deducted. If you have a subscription still, it would just pour D$ into your account every month.

What benefit does this give us?

- It allows us to run side contests. Anything that awards real-world credit could be seen as gambling, but we can award an in-game currency that has no cash value all day long (think about "play money" poker sites). I already have a plan for a Home Run Derby in my head where you pick your five best hitters from across all your teams and their HRs for the next 3 (or 6 or whatever) games are tallied. Owners would pay a small amount of D$ that go into a prize pool.

- It gives us flexibility. We could allow owners to renew by the month or by the season.

- It allows us to use processors other than PayPal as we would no longer be dependent on the PayPal subscription infrastructure.

- It will allow you to add credit to a league without stopping and starting a subscription to make PayPal "see" the new date, as the subscription will just keep topping up your account.

- Everything would become simpler; all types of team purchases and payments will be available in D$ and it will allow you to buy more D$ on the spot of necessary.

What would happen with teams with current subscriptions is that you would see a deposit of D$ into your account followed by a withdrawal of D$ to pay for the league at the next maintenance window (between midnight and 3am). So if you don't like the sound of this and like the way your subscription works, you can simply ignore it and your leagues will go on their merry way.

This seems like a change that is all benefit and no drawback, but if you see a downside please post it here and we'll figure out what the best thing to do is.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Ric5

Re: Payment system update

Post by Ric5 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:06 pm

I have renewed for 8 seasons and have not gotten the renewal. What can I do.

Return to “News & Announcements”