April 3rd Outage

historymann49

Re: April 3rd Outage

Post by historymann49 »

The JWL finished the LCSs, and the Dynasty Leagues finally played Game 3 for the day!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

WillyD wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:32 pm We're into the LCS in the Vin Scully League, and the Awards/All-star Apps have not been given on the player cards yet.
This could just be my lack of sleep but the almanac table (where these are stored) gets filled out in the offseason. Are you used to seeing these before the postseason? (This is Tyson's code, not mine, so I admit I don't know it as well as I should, but I can't find any instance in the code of the All Star almanac getting filled out prior to the offseason.)

I apologize that timeframes and information aren't always correct; I give the best information I have at the time, but I am not always correct. If I say Dynasty leagues are caught up, it's because I ran the code to do it and a spot check seemed to indicate that it ran. But in a situation like this, I could be wrong.

Many individual tickets are not being responded to; if I have 15 tickets reporting "Dynasty leagues are behind", I post it on the front page rather than respond to every ticket if I am cleaning something up.

So here is what happened:

A while back, while starting on adding new code in the baseball sim, I noticed a potential situation that could cause a cascade of failures. Although the situation was rare, I started working on updates to the code to avoid this situation.

Unfortunately, it actually happened before all the changes could be completed.

The game is run off a database containing hundreds of tables. When a game runs, data in several tables is updated at once. If any of those updates fails, none of the updates are supposed to be committed to the database.

However, the system requires the tables to be set up in a certain way, and I discovered that a few key tables were not properly supporting this mechanism. One of those was the play by play table which is accessed in every game. That table corrupted an index sometime Thursday afternoon. If all went as planned, games should have stopped running, I'd run a repair on the table and we're back in 5 minutes. Instead, the game kept running, and data got out of sync for the games that were running in that period.

There is no easy way to tell which data is out of sync. Some of it shows a pattern, like playoff games having a phantom AL game, which depending on the game number either had the players play against their own team or a phantom score that likely came from a different league with no play by play, or Dynasty games being off. There will be minor things that I may not be able to fix, such as news items that were created in that couple hour period may not be attached to the right player.

Big sites have redundant servers to take over in case of a failure; unfortunately, we don't have that luxury. As noted, I've been working to get things back to normal as much as possible without much sleep. Once the repair work is done, I'll figure out what I need to do to make it right. Leagues in the regular season got off easy; their worst case is one or two games may not show the play by play. Leagues involved in the playoffs got it worse; pitchers may have not pitched in the correct games, and the first couple of leagues I fixed before I realized what really happened may have been fixed imperfectly.

I expect the offseason to get these leagues back to normal. If you are still seeing issues that I have reported as fixed, please create tickets for them because clearly I did not get it fixed completely or correctly.

We strive to bring you the best game experience we can. I think most of the time, we do. We do it because we love the game. But Tyson has had to turn his attention in other directions and I've been dealing with a failing heart and marriage. I still think we give you a better game than the big corporate game sites, which try to milk you dry through micro-transactions. You have direct access to the game developers, who you can page 24 hours a day with an emergency. But we are still a mostly one-man shop. So please, try to be patient as we work through these issues. Report things you find, especially if I claim I have already fixed them. The site has been through worse; I expect it all to pass soon, and after a season passes the effects will likely go unnoticed as affected games age out of the system.

I think I have the worst of it fixed. But I could be wrong. I'm going to go through a few more tickets and then crash, probably for most of Saturday.

Most of all, thank you for choosing to play here over the last 18 years. It's really a privilege to bring the game to you.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

[quote=Admin post_id=45239 time=1554535774 user_id=2]
[quote=WillyD post_id=45147 time=1554435141 user_id=239]
We're into the LCS in the Vin Scully League, and the Awards/All-star Apps have not been given on the player cards yet.
[/quote]

This could just be my lack of sleep but the almanac table (where these are stored) gets filled out in the offseason. Are you used to seeing these before the postseason? (This is Tyson's code, not mine, so I admit I don't know it as well as I should, but I can't find any instance in the code of the All Star almanac getting filled out prior to the offseason.)

Chris
[/quote]

Hi Chris,

Yeah, the awards have always been given out on the player cards just prior to the first playoff game being started. At least as long as I've been playing SimD since 2008. I think you're thinking of the league leaders code (with the bold face numbers on the player cards) that gets updated after the off-season runs.

Bill
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

[quote=Admin post_id=45239 time=1554535774 user_id=2]
We strive to bring you the best game experience we can. I think most of the time, we do. We do it because we love the game. But Tyson has had to turn his attention in other directions and I've been dealing with a failing heart and marriage. I still think we give you a better game than the big corporate game sites, which try to milk you dry through micro-transactions. You have direct access to the game developers, who you can page 24 hours a day with an emergency. But we are still a mostly one-man shop. So please, try to be patient as we work through these issues. Report things you find, especially if I claim I have already fixed them. The site has been through worse; I expect it all to pass soon, and after a season passes the effects will likely go unnoticed as affected games age out of the system.

Most of all, thank you for choosing to play here over the last 18 years. It's really a privilege to bring the game to you.

Chris
[/quote]

Chris, let me say that I'm so sorry for what you're going thru. Health issues is one thing, and tough enough by itself, but to combine that with a failing marriage, well, that's more than anyone should have to take. Unfortunately both issues are on the rise in our society. I think I can safely say that all of the long time SimD owners are hoping that you get thru this, and become healthier and happier in the near future! We all appreciate the additions to the game you've made over the years. If not for those, who knows where this game would be? Logos, Stadiums, Player cards/pictures, 24 team leagues, league mergers, and so many more updates/enhancements that yore responsible for have made this game even better! There are many of us that love this game, and sometimes get frustrated by the lack of improvements. A lot of that is because of the enormous potential we see in this game, that unfortunately goes unfulfilled due to lack of manpower and investment.

If I may make one suggestion, is there a way you could endorse certain SimD leagues as Advanced Leagues? These leagues would allow owners that have proven they can win and maintain a certain level of success in other leagues. I think these leagues would be preferred by many veteran SimD owners who really crave active leagues that don't contain owners that keep making the same mistakes over and over again, or have that handful of owners that keep jumping from league to league never attaining much success if any. A league where any owner can win a championship, and owners stick around for decades worth of sim seasons, or more! A league with top competition top to bottom. Those leagues are pretty rare right now. I belong to one or two leagues, that I think are very close to being that type of league. I'd like to see those league's competitiveness preserved, and the number of leagues like that increased.

Im my opinion, there would be a real benefit to the site, as you would retain and possibly grow the number of teams that veteran owners have. You could very likely charge more money for these leagues too.
FrankFub

charmdate review

Post by FrankFub »

How to Convince Your Wife you are not Cheating On Her

Your wife has accused you of being disloyal. You can trust it. Throughout your entire marriage you remained completely devoted and committed to your wife. Now she telling you that she doesn reckon that to be the truth. You devastated. Not only do you feel angry for being accused of something you haven done but you also feel upset by apt that your wife doesn appreciate or see the depth of your dedication to her. a person fly off the handle in a rage trying to defend yourself, It important that you take a step back and think about what made your wife so suspicious.

Women tend to become distrustful if they feel their husband has changed a relationship with another woman that is too close. It often develops a man has a close female friend. Try as he might to convince his wife quite possibly indeed only friends, She going to worry especially if she not within the meetings between her husband and his female friend. this is also true if you work closely with an attractive woman. Your wife may sense danger by this. In her mind she imagine you engaged in intimacy with your co worker because she assume that you don have the willpower to find the woman remarkable. Although you would never think about cheating, If you do have another female in your life in an important role, That could be what is causing your wife to hurl the infidelity accusations at you.

It which your life become an open book if your wife does suspect that you and a close friend or co worker are engaged in an affair. in the event of a friendship, Invite your wife to do the friendship more. Invite your female friend over so your wife can start to learn her better. If this isn enough to help your wife feel better it may pay dividends to explain to your friend that your wife comes first and unless your wife can be an active participant in the friendship it may not be something you can invest a lot of time in at the moment.

It obviously a bit different if your lady believes you are cheating with a female co worker. Short [url=https://www.foreignsinglesfinder.com/ru ... te-review/]charmdate.com[/url] of changing jobs all you can do is assure your wife that not a single thing going on. Invite your wife to [url=https://www.facebook.com/charmdate/]charmdate review[/url] your workplace to visit you both and if your co worker is attached, Arrange an balancing for all of you. If your wife is able to see your co worker and her partner together she likely feel much less threatened by her.

It don't forget to remember that when a woman is worried that her husband is cheating it typically her own insecurities that are pushing her to feel that way. If you take more time and devote more attention to [url=https://charmdatescamreviews.wordpress.com/]charmdate review[/url] your wife it can help her immeasurably and she may feel much less jealous than she is now.
WarrenMaype

chnlove real or fake

Post by WarrenMaype »

Yalmes oughout

NemoC68 12 issues presented 2 days within

depositing away from just how it out of season, The arrows pre-owned have unacceptable features built in. These are either really no deathly arrows for particular teaching or arrows designed for simple match. the probability of getting a hurt with each other are astonishingly reduce and using them to find with is illegal and inhumane.

seeking arrows, no less as real game title, want blades on the side. The arrows used will regularly lump parts sideways however camping arrows will ensure the have been punctured.

Yves_sanjiv 9,583 aspects processed 7 days inside

any time you ask some guy working quietly what on earth he thinking of and he responses "not anything, this can truthful. wait, how, How do you implement it excellent vacuous clean host to virtually on your mind? resembling presently a high probability I relaxing restfully scrolling instagram and in addition ask how for my mind and i also say "certainly nothing, but in reality I exhausted 10 a matter of minutes contemplating of that one a period of time after was 13 and went to communicate in having a insect travelled based on my dental and I reflexively spat against eachother too ended up on my good friend and can they even so recall to my mind. how could you think of unquestionably!

view: acceptable interesting, Nothing region but one doesn't wanna reveal it. i often vibe start.

MisterSlosh 151 shows put forward 15 days previous

pursuing looking for to uncover the story attached to double data internet pages. these folks courteous and that i complied still I indisputably they would have called the cops using me personally [url=https://mail-order-bride.com/review/chnlovecom-review/]chnlove real or fake[/url] made I should not.

Yalmes 1 goal uploaded 14 days back

yep you would have to also get data files related to who does on the loitering. for example of the number individuals that loitering came to be 50/50 the expected end need overlap. but in the case it 90/10 denims to processed and the man wondered 50/50 he literally turning into improper rrn the direction of workers the particular by. issue as i see it is that others will be greatly predisposed to ask a refined human being who will clothing similar to a bum to depart when compared to a dunkle in just a be appropriate for considering [url=https://twitter.com/chnloveantiscam]chnlove scam[/url] more established classism is imo much. your idea often times though seems as if racial discrimination because statistically blues tendency when it's about greatly reduce socioeconomic sessions owing to preceding generations of [url=https://www.datingsitesreviewed.com/asi ... hnlove.htm]chnlove.com[/url].

Return to “News & Announcements”