April 3rd Outage

dabigtrain

Re: April 3rd Outage

Post by dabigtrain »

Well, Admin isn't the only IT type to give an optimistic estimate of time-to-completion. When I say "it will be done in two hours," my boss knows to expect it in three; "a day" will be a day-and-a-half; "next month" = "sometime this summer."
Todibus

Post by Todibus »

Being optimistic is one thing, propagating misinformation is another. This show up on the "Welcome to SimDynasty" team screen even though all (of my) Dynasty Leagues are a game behind:

"Standings fixed
All leagues should be caught up now, however many had incorrect standings. These have all been fixed, so if it looked like your league had not played the right number of games for all teams, please check your standings again."
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Yes. It is now 2:57 and the 12:30 Dynasty games have not been played. Also, the playoffs in the LAL and JWL have been frozen for over 24 hours.
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

They said yesterdays problem would be fixed today. No prediction was made about todays problems,,,
MassCarnage

Post by MassCarnage »

like most things consumer related it comes down to communication, I am ok if there is an issue and I am also ok if they need more time to fix things, just keep us posted on the progress along the way

all I have to go on is the message(s) on the home page and this thread, neither give me any idea when the issue will be resolved for the league I participate in

I did open a ticket ~24 hours ago and there is not a response to that either

given a preference would rather have them working on a fix than responding to every DM, provided there is decent communication elsewhere
MassCarnage

Post by MassCarnage »

[quote=MassCarnage post_id=45096 time=1554409805 user_id=521]
like most things consumer related it comes down to communication, I am ok if there is an issue and I am also ok if they need more time to fix things, just keep us posted on the progress along the way

all I have to go on is the message(s) on the home page and this thread, neither give me any idea when the issue will be resolved for the league I participate in

I did open a ticket ~24 hours ago and there is not a response to that either

given a preference would rather have them working on a fix than responding to every DM, provided there is decent communication elsewhere
[/quote]

in PWL games have begun to run again as of 4:26PM (a few minutes ago..) so I wanted to give credit where credit is due, that said we have two game 4s (5 total) played, perhaps it will right itself or simply cut off after a team wins 4 games, but as of the moment we have 3 more games scheduled (8 total) in the world series
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Admin Chris is working on this as much as he can but it's been going on since yesterday afternoon and the man has to sleep sometime. Please hang in there a little longer, folks.

All will be right with the SimWorld once again before too much longer.

This, too, shall pass.
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

In the JWL, the NLCS shows Game 5 (not yet played, although it has been in the ALCS) with the right pitching matchup, but the wrong home team; Game 6 has the correct info; and Game 7 is not listed.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Keller Stargell League is still one game behind.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

We're into the LCS in the Vin Scully League, and the Awards/All-star Apps have not been given on the player cards yet.

Return to “News & Announcements”