Upcoming changes

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming changes

Post by Admin »

Hamilton2 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:27 am
bpearly69 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:25 am Whats the ISO stat on player cards now?
Isolated power. The formula with which I am most familiar is slugging % minus batting average. Without context and comparing it to other players it is kind of a fluffy statistic.

OPS+ would have been way cooler.
ISO was a trivial add; OPS+ can be done but it requires a little more work I'm doing a lot of work on the player cards right now (trying to make them work better on mobile and such) but I wanted to get the old stats for merged players in place rather than wait for all the changes.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

How does ISO help judge future potential in younger players?

I was hoping ptech - who first posited this - would jump in and give us his thinking, but my guess is that if you have a young player you're thinking about cutting or reducing CPs on, but his ISO is promising, that might give you pause to rethink that.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

[quote=ballmark post_id=69661 time=1580989196 user_id=124]
How does ISO help judge future potential in younger players?

I was hoping ptech - who first posited this - would jump in and give us his thinking, but my guess is that if you have a young player you're thinking about cutting or reducing CPs on, but his ISO is promising, that might give you pause to rethink that.
[/quote]

t might give you a clue as to if a player is high in his power grades, but for a younger player who's power skills are changing (in most cases), and the normal variance in hitting stats from year to year, I don't see it being useful for any type of projection.
VladimirTrump

Post by VladimirTrump »

[quote=Admin post_id=69655 time=1580981782 user_id=2]
[quote=Hamilton2 post_id=69113 time=1580477229 user_id=268]
[quote=bpearly69 post_id=69109 time=1580473538 user_id=320]
Whats the ISO stat on player cards now?
[/quote]

Isolated power. The formula with which I am most familiar is slugging % minus batting average. Without context and comparing it to other players it is kind of a fluffy statistic.

OPS+ would have been way cooler.
[/quote]

ISO was a trivial add; OPS+ can be done but it requires a little more work I'm doing a lot of work on the player cards right now (trying to make them work better on mobile and such) but I wanted to get the old stats for merged players in place rather than wait for all the changes.

Chris
[/quote]

For what it's worth, I have no problems with how the cards are on mobile. The biggest problem or inconvenience on mobile for me is ranking prospects in the draft pool
Bribar

Post by Bribar »

[quote=Admin post_id=65661 time=1577678240 user_id=2]
[quote=PizzaMan8 post_id=65611 time=1577631009 user_id=256]
Thanks for the update, it's nice to know that there's some progress going on behind the scenes

[quote=Admin post_id=65604 time=1577606009 user_id=2]

In other news, the promised early-renewal credit has not been coded yet as I have been working on these other projects, so I will be issuing those credits manually.

[/quote]

Do you want us to fill out a ticket or something to let you know, or will you just be going through each profile or something?
[/quote]
No, I'm going to write a script that will do it all at once.

Chris
[/quote]

Has this happened yet?

Return to “News & Announcements”