Security issue

Admin
Site Admin

Security issue

Post by Admin »

We had someone trying to hack into the owner database today. Now, this is a daily occurrence; however, this particular attack might have eventually succeeded if I let it go on long enough.

No passwords or accounts have been compromised; however, out of an abundance of caution, I am making a change to the security on the owner passwords. The side effect of this, as you may have already noticed, is that you are going to be forced to change your password. The system will allow you to change it to what it already was, but naturally if you haven't changed it in a while it is a good time to pick a new one.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but I would rather have the inconvenience of a password change rather than a security breach and the associated downtime.

Thank you for your understanding!

Chris/Admin
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Jonathan8

Re: Security issue

Post by Jonathan8 »

Thanks for your vigilance !
micktissue

Post by micktissue »

FYI I requested a password reset link about an hour ago but it has not arrived.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

[quote=micktissue post_id=80227 time=1589225507 user_id=181]
[/quote]

Same. Gmail address, nothing in spam either.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

[quote=PhillyDynasty post_id=80239 time=1589230914 user_id=113]
[quote=micktissue post_id=80227 time=1589225507 user_id=181]
[/quote]

Took 10 minutes to show up to my Gmail account.
[/quote]
micktissue

Post by micktissue »

Still hasn't arrived - working on 3rd hour waiting
micktissue

Post by micktissue »

This really sucks - I answered your email and I still haven't gotten a password reset link (initially 3 hours ago) - there's at least one trade request waiting. I get this is unimportant in the grand scheme of things and if I have to request a refund for the season, let me know.

Mick
Aeros

Post by Aeros »

I have submitted the reset request, gotten three e-mails, and attempted to change my password three times. Each time I get an error message saying that it can't be changed because it was the same as a previous password. Anyone else having problems with this?
Aeros

Post by Aeros »

Okay, after sending my previous message I went to the game home screen, and it automatically logged me in. I don't know if it picked up on the password I used for the forum and held it in the session info, or if one of the password resets actually worked. I'm not sure what my password is at this point, but at least I have access.
BlondeBombshell

Post by BlondeBombshell »

wow .. this site told me that i need to change my password, so i followed the instructions to change it .. i received the link in my email .. changed my password and it tells me ...This password change request is not valid or has already been used .. i did this this afternoon and again tonight .. i can't get into my teams, but somehow i can send this message .. very frustrating, this site has been a pain the last few months

Return to “News & Announcements”