Sitewide PayPal Payment Issue

Admin
Site Admin

Sitewide PayPal Payment Issue

Post by Admin »

We are currently experiencing an issue with PayPal.

Each PayPal subscription has an ID linked to your team. When a payment comes in, we compare the subscription ID against your account to make sure the correct team gets credited.

PayPal has, in their infinite wisdom, suddenly changed these IDs. So the system has no idea which league to credit. Thus, it just credits your Sim Dynasty account.

I am working on a solution. I have no idea what form that solution will take yet. If you get a warning that a payment is overdue, please send me a ticket and I will manually match up the payment to your team.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
rich45

Re: Sitewide PayPal Payment Issue

Post by rich45 »

Hi Chris,
I received a pay pal payment notice for the Jim Brown league. Could you check into it? Thanks, as usual,
Rich
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have a lot of these coming at me, obviously. I've bumped all the people I haven't been able to fix yet ten days to make sure no one gets locked out while I am working on it.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Can't people manually renew from that tab until this is fixed? The money is being matched to customers butt not to the specific league, sends like we could click renewal and pay a month with credits, no?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hamilton2 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:34 pm Can't people manually renew from that tab until this is fixed? The money is being matched to customers butt not to the specific league, sends like we could click renewal and pay a month with credits, no?
The problem is that the "pay by credit" isn't visible if a subscription is active. Plus if someone was to renew that way without telling me, I'd never know to get the problem fixed up and then the problem would just occur next month. I've fixed up about 35 of these between the two sims already.

However, for the self-serve types out there, this is what you would do if you wanted to fix it without me:

- Log into PayPal and go to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customer ... ge-paylist
- Cancel the problem subscription.
- In Sim Dynasty, go to your renewal page (link to the football version) and use the button to renew via credit. You'll have at least a month of credit (if you don't, you are having a different problem, or I already fixed you) and possibly more, if you haven't used your outage credit yet. Apply as many months as you want.
- On the same page, click the Re-Subscribe link. This will create a new subscription that starts when the credit you just applied ends, and it will send a brand new subscription ID and everything will be matched up properly.

Chris
rich45

Post by rich45 »

Hi Chris,
I'm having troubles with my team in the ESFL. Could you check into it? If it's on my end, I will be glad to fix it.
Rich

Return to “News & Announcements”