Baseball changes in progress

Michael1

Re: Baseball changes in progress

Post by Michael1 »

Lyrici17
In both cases since the player won an award or made All Star team there name should not have changed.
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

I would really like to get back to my opinion that the reverting name option is NOT great. Not the only examples I've seen since I last commented, but here's an example of a 10-time all-star and former CYA winner having his name changed: http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?mode=p ... d=12849748.
Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle »

how about some new changes?
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

My understanding is that Admin has been spending the majority of his time trying to adapt the Sim's 20-year old+ code to a mobile-friendly interface as the way people use their devices has evolved over the past two decades from how the code was originally written and it no longer plays well with phones and tablets, which is how the vast majority of users are now playing the game.

I have heard whispers of trying to work in code for the possibility of triple plays as well as new stadium adjustments that you can actually see take shape on your device as you make the changes. It's an outgrowth of the code change to a mobile-friendly platform.

I know these are probably not the "critical" changes you are dying to see, but it's one man against the world and he's doing the best he can, all things considered.
Reagan1980

Post by Reagan1980 »

ballmark wrote:
> My understanding is that Admin has been spending the majority of his time
> trying to adapt the Sim's 20-year old+ code to a mobile-friendly interface
> as the way people use their devices has evolved over the past two decades
> from how the code was originally written and it no longer plays well with
> phones and tablets, which is how the vast majority of users are now playing
> the game.
>
> I have heard whispers of trying to work in code for the possibility of
> triple plays as well as new stadium adjustments that you can actually see
> take shape on your device as you make the changes. It's an outgrowth of the
> code change to a mobile-friendly platform.
>
> I know these are probably not the "critical" changes you are
> dying to see, but it's one man against the world and he's doing the best he
> can, all things considered.
Chris does a great job! Though I like to see him put in ejections and I’m mad at an owner button ! If you push the button there more likely be a bench clearing brawl!
Kingturtle

Post by Kingturtle »

so it's been three years without any new baseball changes :(
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here's what I am working on right now for baseball:

- Updating the site to work better on mobile devices, including drag and drop capabilities
- Triple plays
- Line out double plays
- Extra tutorial assistance for newbies
- Context-sensitive links and information for various phases of the season
- Player card improvements
- Major stadium improvements
- Hall of Fame improvements
- Tournament modes (may not make it into this update)
- Live chat/instant messaging (may not make it into this update)

After that update is in place, my next plans are to look at incorporating intentional walks and designated hitters. Also in the works is relocating to a new, more reliable/more secure, and faster hosting platform.

Yes, some of these changes have been in the works since the beginning of the year; unfortunately, being a small organization, coding and testing takes time, even for what seems like simple features. Rebuilding the roster page to work better on phones took weeks, where you might look at it and think the changes are so minor that they should only take a couple of hours. Things get complicated when you finish a weeks worth of work just to discover, say, that none of it works on Safari on a Mac.

Another complication is that there are also bug fixes and updates going toward the football side as well; 100% of my coding time for the last two days has been hunting down bugs in the football engine, interspersed with graphic updates (basically alternating between left brain/right brain work).

Football is undergoing a complete engine overhaul, plus the following updates are in place on the football beta server:

- Technical platform under the game completely rebuilt.
- Leagues can now contract when necessary.
- Contracting leagues will have a dispersal draft after the offseason.
- Players will now change position if played out of position more than being played in position.
- Players may now have secondary positions.
- College and dispersal draft information will now show up as a transaction on the player card (for new drafts only, not retroactive).
- Owner leaders page has been added.
- Rewrote scheduler to be more reliable.
- Players now have height and weight, which affects their ability to play various positions.
- Fixed waiver priority to reset the waiver order after claims run, not before it, so you know the actual priority order that will be used.
- Added chat rooms and instant messaging.
- Greatly improved usability on mobile devices.
- Moved all defense formations back a yard.
- Rebuilt helmet builder for more realistic looking helmets and to reduce glare obscuring logo.
- Added 76 new helmet colors (116 total now).
- Added 20 new facemask colors (30 total now).
- Added 15 new outer stripe colors and 16 new center stripe colors (24 and 24 colors respectively).
- Added 31 new helmet logos (440 total now).
- Removed the "auto" stripe option for helmets.
- Added finish and undercoat helmet options.
- Added "Suggested" logo tab to helmet builder.
- Added a new formation management system that is capable of representing over 50,000 offensive formations.
- Added Ohio, Wheeler (WV), Spokane, Richmond (VA), Ottawa, Duluth, and Staten Island to the location list.
- Reorganized the city tiers to match current NFL cities.
- When creating a new team, an appropriate logo is intelligently selected based on the team and city names.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
chbutt

Post by chbutt »

Thanks! I would like the option of having QB running plays. And some Negro League teams such as Homestead, Memphis and Birmingham.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

AAA cities would be nice as the current crop is limiting in a 24 team format.

Return to “News & Announcements”