This Draft"s First Round TE and QB

Discussions for the Curly Lambeau Football League.

Moderators: cubfan, Youthamizum

HumYai

This Draft"s First Round TE and QB

Post by HumYai »

WOW. Wish my team was close to being competitive; 1st round TE Jeff Towns could bring someone the SB trophy. Already with great numbers, Towns is H in attitude and potential (the combo that converts the most training points) meaning he is likely to be A if not higher by age 25. An H in Health is just bonus round. It Towns was age 20, I would take him number 1, but I am paranoid I need more than a few seasons to rebuild and a 20-year-old LT is probably better to build around.

As far as that QB goes: I just think you would be wasting a 1st or 2nd round pick. H exe is awesome, but the L in aggression is a killer, and there is no way to improve aggression that I know of. Aggression is how close the QB will follow the offense you set and when rated H can be used to raise a QB's Exe and Att. We have control in lowering H agg and NO possibility of raising L.

Olsonoski of New Jersey has very nice QB stats including an A+ in Exe, but a D+ in aggression. He is good enough to get you a little bit higher than .500 winning % and an occasional 1st round playoff loss. NO SB. The next problem with low Agg and a high overall ranking are they mostly keep you just out of reach... good enough to win games keeping you from a better draft pick, but never taking your team to the highest levels.

Another example: Tuman, QB now in GB, before in MICH. I strongly believe MICH had a better team than I had when I won 7 SB's in 10 seasons and I know he is just as good if not a better coach. Tuman with great stats, other than Agg, was a killer. No question in my mind that if Tuman had even average Agg Mich is in all those SB hunts.
Last edited by HumYai on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
HumYai

Re: number 1 draft pick

Post by HumYai »

If it helps...I am 75% locked into taking the LT first if I have no offer to trade down. The other 25 is on TE Towns.
hammy2017

Re: This Draft"s First Round TE and QB

Post by hammy2017 »

Low aggression can be a good thing, certainly not a deal killer for someone needing to draft a quarterback.
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

I have never been in a league where an SB winner had D+ or below in aggression. No, it is not a deal killer, you just never go deep in the playoffs. It has never happened in the 15 seasons of this league.

There is also something to be said for a player with great winning % calling it a deal killer. No doubt in my mind you would like someone to draft that QB in front of you, saving you a better prospect. That is one type of strategy, I would rather share information I have found.

with all that said, I do not know where L starts...if it is C and Hefner is lucky enough to get a C or even C- he can be a stud...I just do not think it is worth taking a chance of getting less with a 1st rd pick.

I have also seen, in this league, folks take a great QB with C aggression and turn him into less by training in discipline thereby lowering aggression into D territory.

THIS ONLY APPLIES to QB
Last edited by HumYai on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
ptech

Post by ptech »

I considered trading up,but this team got old on me last year, and things didn't get better with the OS.I need all the bullets I've got to flip this thing around over the next two seasons.
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

I think that it is a good call if you have several needs to not trade up. I actually see little reason for anyone to move up this season as there are so many great prospects in the first round. I was just making it available if an owner really wanted someone specific.

Just about everyone will get a great CB...I will take the LT with the first pick...I cant find another LT in the system going all the way to current college freshmen so if I am number 1 to pick, he is it.

that is another thing some owners who normally do well do not share. Watch the underclassmen taking note what talent is upcoming in future drafts.
Owners are using this when asking for your future draft picks in a trade...before trading any future 1st rd pick you should look at what talent is coming in that draft.

I want that TE bad, but I have to be practical. Most do not draft a TE early so I expect him to go to Jokers by default.
ptech

Post by ptech »

That was my feeling too. Had I traded up, it would have been for the LT. But as I said, I have multiple needs.

Looks like one of the future RTs May end up having enough exc and pb to move to LT. We’ll see.

Return to “Curly Lambeau Football League”