Bitches about admin

Discussions for the Curly Lambeau Football League.

Moderators: cubfan, Youthamizum

HumYai

Bitches about admin

Post by HumYai »

The question asked was ignored and turned into a bitch session about admin, so I deleted it.
Last edited by HumYai on Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ironmen

Re: Preseason and regular season OT Questions

Post by Ironmen »

One thing I HATE is preseason injuries.
I like playing rookies in the preseason.
It seems that after the second preseason game, the waiver wire is almost worthless for plucking a plum.

Finally, as for giving each team one shot in OT, it's not even worth venturing.
Commissioner Cubbie has been regularly contacting Admin with questions and proposals.
He rarely receives a answer back, no matter what it is.

Admin has proven he doesn't give a damn about the SIM football side of his site.
He's given Cubbie loads of garbage (if he replies at all) like "I will give that the highest priority" or "I will be looking into that."

It's like shoveling water with a rake.
Youthamizum

Re: Preseason and regular season OT Questions

Post by Youthamizum »

don’t get me started on the admin. They never respond and when they do it’s to offer an excuse. I’m sensitive to their health issues but it’s been years since any enhancement. Years.
Youthamizum

Re: Bitches about admin

Post by Youthamizum »

Injury rates are way below actual football norms, I have no problem playing rookies and vets. Plus this requires updating of the depth charts. I put my starters out there. Well I have time on my hands I don’t have that much time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Youthamizum wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:36 pm Injury rates are way below actual football norms, I have no problem playing rookies and vets. Plus this requires updating of the depth charts. I put my starters out there. Well I have time on my hands I don’t have that much time.
It's worth noting that the preseason can be shortened or eliminated if a league prefers.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

The JBFL runs 4 preseason games in 2 days but is not the reason I initiated this thread.

The reason I started the thread is not about preseason games normally, rather a preseason game that goes into OT.

DO we really need OT in the preseason? I do not think injuries, in general, are a problem, but why take the additional risk of OT in a meaningless game?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Youthamizum wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:36 pm Plus this requires updating of the depth charts. I put my starters out there. Well I have time on my hands I don’t have that much time.
You can manage this on your Substitutions page. The setting is "Preseason: Play backups starting in quarter". The default is the third quarter but you can change it to first quarter to protect your vets without having to muck with your depth charts.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

HumYai wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:17 pm The JBFL runs 4 preseason games in 2 days but is not the reason I initiated this thread.

The reason I started the thread is not about preseason games normally, rather a preseason game that goes into OT.

DO we really need OT in the preseason? I do not think injuries, in general, are a problem, but why take the additional risk of OT in a meaningless game?
By OT your backups should be in. But this is a good point. It should be trivial to have a league setting whether or not to play OT in the preseason. I'll check it out.

Chris
Ironmen

Post by Ironmen »

I agree there should be no OT in preseason.
I think it would be a lousy idea to change anything about the preseason schedule as it is.
One a day is just fine.
It allows for experimentation, owners being more involved with in-game changes for avoiding injuries while getting playing time
for various players, and isn't the train wreck mashup of two a day, which accomplishes nothing but opportunity for roster mistakes.
Letting this SIM do your ownership/GM/coach work for you is a dreadful mistake.
Last edited by Ironmen on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

Ironmen wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:30 pm I agree there should be no OT in preseason.
I think it would be a lousy idea to change anything about the preseason schedule as it is.
One a day is just fine.
It allows for experimentation, owners being more involved with in-game changes for avoiding injuries while getting playing time
for various players, and isn't the train wreck mashup of two a day, which accomplishes nothing but opportunity for roster mistakes.
Letting this SIM do your ownership/GM/coach work for you is dreadful mistake.
I accept how you eloquently say it here Ironman. You have my vote.

Indorsed by the green bean wanker project.

Return to “Curly Lambeau Football League”