Discussions for the Hank Aaron League.
bschuyle

Congrats Rick

Post by bschuyle »

On a playoff beatdown. Good luck in WS!
RSS

Re: Congrats Rick

Post by RSS »

Thanks, Bill. I never take a 3-0 lead for granted - especially against you. Although it's only happened once in the history of MLB, I've seen teams come back from 0-3 in SD a few times, and it's happened to me.

Now I need something similar in the Series -- down 0-2 to the seemingly invincible Albos, who have been trying to rebuild for the last several seasons but just keep winning championships anyway.
bschuyle

Post by bschuyle »

Once again congrats! Kicked my behind again!
RSS

Post by RSS »

Thanks, Bill. The 89s are now ready to step aside and let Washington dominate the league for a while. Winning a 4th ring with this group was really surprising -- the 89s are by far the oldest team I've ever ridden to a title. It's been a special bunch -- seven MVPs, seven Cy Youngs, three ROY -- made more satisfying by the fact that we aborted two rebuilds to get here. I'll start this season with the same lineup and pitching staff, but if, as assumed, the 89s start to fade, I'll start shopping all the older guys. I'm actually looking forward to the next rebuild.

And by the way, my thanks to the Blue Ice for knocking off the Albos in the NL playoffs. I had no luck against Milwaukee.

Return to “Hank Aaron League”