Carney Porter--a HAL Great

Discussions for the Hank Aaron League.
PhillyDynasty

Carney Porter--a HAL Great

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Carney Porter http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=12290231 , the second overall draft pick of the Seattle Hammers in 2170, just finished his 18th season in the league. Porter is in the top one hundred players of all-time in the HAL for home runs, hits, runs, and rbis. Carney is a career .289 hitter, with an OPS of .840. Unfortunately, he is also on the top one hundred list for strike outs!

During those 18 seasons, Carney has been selected to the all star team 15 times, won six Gold Gloves, and led the Hammers to four world series titles in four world series appearances.

If Porter returns next season and remains healthy, he will crack 3,000 career hits and has a good chance to hit 450 career home runs, both of which would put him in the top sixty players all time. Here's hoping Porter comes back for at least one more season!
Last edited by PhillyDynasty on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhillyDynasty

Re: Carney Porter--a HAL Great

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Exciting news: Carney has come back for a 19th season at OS39. Unfortunately, offseason improvements were cruel to him. His status as a SEA legend will keep him in the lineup as he chases career statistics, but will the Seattle team suffer as a result?
RSS

Post by RSS »

I've never seen a team age as well as the Hammers. You expect to see a fairly steep dropoff at age 34 and beyond, but a number of the Hammers have been productive at age 36 and 37. I hope to have a couple of my guys defy the calendar that well.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

RSS wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 pm I've never seen a team age as well as the Hammers. You expect to see a fairly steep dropoff at age 34 and beyond, but a number of the Hammers have been productive at age 36 and 37. I hope to have a couple of my guys defy the calendar that well.
The Hammers have been lucky to age fairly well. I think this year things will catch up to us, but we'll see if we can squeeze another playoff run or two out of the squad!
Leonard

Post by Leonard »

A great career. Hope he gets to 3000 hits.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Congratulations to Carney on 3,000 career hits! Everyone here in Seattle is very excited about, and proud of, his accomplishment.

Return to “Hank Aaron League”